Dash ashtray....tracks?

Catfish

Reaction score
My '65 Polara was missing a dash ashtray when I got the car. I found a '66 while my car was in storage and snagged the ashtray. Thinking I was in the clear, I sent the car and the ashtray to the body shop (300 miles away). The body man calls a few days ago wondering where the track for the ashtray is. He thought he lost it, I said there was a good chance its gone. The parts car is long gone, any other model cars that would have he same parts I need? Sorry for not having photos, the car is too far away. Thanks for any help.

I waz gonna tell yeah to contact Neal freman over in Whitehall, Mt. but I looked at where you are. He's about 125 west of Billings. Try Moore's Auto Salvage in Rapid City, S.D. Pull 'um up on the web but call 'um...Works way better then E-mail. Their only a little South and East of Belle Fiurche. Piece ah cake for you. If Moore's ain't got it you don't need it. I think they've still buffalo roamin' wild inside that yard.

Oh man, I had forgotten about Moores! Never been there, but been on their website........holy crap! Is that Heaven? LOL

Moore's is a nice place, but make sure you drive up in something unassuming. You may have less of a chance to asked to bend over. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to get some parts and overheard the son being told to quote me a higher price for parts because I drove up in a "half million dollar motorhome" and could afford it.

Moore's is a nice place, but make sure you drive up in something unassuming. You may have less of a chance to asked to bend over. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to get some parts and overheard the son being told to quote me a higher price for parts because I drove up in a "half million dollar motorhome" and could afford it.

Well dang, maybe I'll park a mile away and walk in, my truck cost almost as much as my house.

The old man is a bastard and the kid? Well, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
I'll never deal with them again. Ever. I'll go to Mitchell first...

The old man is a bastard and the kid? Well, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
I'll never deal with them again. Ever. I'll go to Mitchell first...

Well dang. I do know where there is a large stockpile of 69-73 cars. Gonna check and see if any slabsides are hiding in there.

HUMMMM? Molotov Cocktails? I was in that warehouse about two weeks before it went up and I went by it on I-71 just south of the I-270 loop a few days after the smoke cleared. BTW, their were a little over 3 dozen sets of cross rams just sittin' on the floor with the AFB' still on 'um by my count when I was in that warehouse that got Melted Down into a puddle of aluminum in that fire too! OH THE PAIN. I have always thought he just made somebody Real Crabby, who knows? Atlanta looked safer to him for sure for now!

Interesting story. Hmmmm...
Did they REALLY melt down into an unidentifiable puddle???

< Sent from my tablet >

Stan, I can only assume. The steel roof trusses were warped from the heat after that little wheenie roast. Those were the days of Hemmings ...Pre E-bay and I've never seen him trying to sell a set! That pretty much tells me that if the trusses were that close to melting the aluminum stood little chance. He always sets up at Carlisle. I've never been inside his tent to ask him. I had to tell one of his "sales Persons" to get lost a few years ago. The dude kept trying to beat me up on a set of NOS wheel centers I had on my table. The nerve of some peoples kidz aye?

No, I'm thinking he spirited out the uber high buck items before the fire and quietly sold the stuff behind the scenes over the years.
I just don't like the man. He's identical to shady characters my grandfather associated with all his adult life. I'd be 9 year old kid sitting in the passenger seat while the back of the Rambler wagon got filled up with Prime Beef that "fell off the back of a truck".

Last edited:
I wouldn't doubt that. The puddles were probably a couple of scrap aluminum wheels.

I waz gonna tell yeah to contact Neal freman over in Whitehall, Mt. but I looked at where you are. He's about 125 west of Billings. Try Moore's Auto Salvage in Rapid City, S.D. Pull 'um up on the web but call 'um...Works way better then E-mail. Their only a little South and East of Belle Fiurche. Piece ah cake for you. If Moore's ain't got it you don't need it. I think they've still buffalo roamin' wild inside that yard.

i tried calling Neal three times now....no answer. The message on the machine is pretty funny though. I am camping in Bozeman right now and will go through Whitehall on Monday. But I did find some tracks online and for 29 bucks shipped to my door, why not.

Neal's been trying to fold that tent for a couple years now but I can't believe he's actually made it happen yet. Don't know what tah tell yeah. 406-287-5436 the # you tried? Dam shame you're that close and you're gonna miss him but I doubt he'll be at the yard on this coming Monday! Looks like you've made it happen anyway. Happy Trails, Jer

Back