1. kenfyoozed

kenfyoozed Member FCBO Gold Member

I love everything about our '67 newport and 300. The thing I can not stand is the dash and gauges. I want something more modern looking. Is there another dash from another molar the would swap? Or would this need to be a custom build? I would like just a flat dash that is inset just a bit from the edge of the dash pad.

2. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

In the time frame those cars were designed in, it was the basic orientation that should the occupant's head be forced forward in a collision, it would contact the padded dash pad rather than the instrument panel itself. Hence, the "top ledge" of Chrysler instrument panels from '65+. A part of the safety equipment of that era.

There might be some Dakota Digital items that you could adapt to the existing panel? But anything would have to be fully custom, I suspect. Their plug-in kits for the '71-78 Camaros are about $700.00+ at Summit, for reference. A '67 Chevelle item might be close enough in basic size, but would still need a full adaptation. Be aware, too, of what is behind the instrument panel that you see. Radio, hvac case and ducting, etc.

What might be more doable is a complete instrument panel assy from a similar model year Dodge Polara/Monaco. It MIGHT bolt in as a complete assembly, wiring and all? Might check the contours of the door panels where they might meet the dash panel itself?

Enjoy!
    CBODY67

3. kenfyoozed

kenfyoozed Member FCBO Gold Member

In my search I found this, I believe its a 68 charger dash.I don't care for the gauge layout, i have another orientation in mind but the angle and flatness of the area the gauges mount to is what I am after. What other cars would have this same style dash?

012-jpg.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

The aforementioned Charger, or any B body with the ralleye dash.

5. marko

marko Active Member FCBO Gold Member

a couple of years ago on ebay there was a polara/monaco sedan that had the seats and dash from a 74-78 chrysler installed..... but i cant remember if it was a fuselarge or slab.....

6. Xenon

Xenon Senior Member

There is also this dash which is the standard "B"body dash for '68, '69, ''70 ...

1968-plymouth-road-runner-hemi-interior-1969-dashboard.jpg

7. commando1

commando1 Old Man With a Hat on the Porch FCBO Gold Member

I see no good coming from this.

Restore your instrument panel and it will look 1,000X better than anything you can do to "modernize" ( :realcrazy: ) it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. PH27L7

PH27L7 Member

Suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I think the 67-68 Chrysler dashes are among the nicest of any C-body. It may look not look modern but it's not supposed to, it's an old car. If you ever plan to sell be prepared to take a hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ross Wooldridge

Ross Wooldridge Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Best dash EVER:
    24.jpg 28.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2