Dave, Does This Suprise You?

Thats is almost A surprize...
Several (7) people I know in this area have left three went to PHX area..
Two went to FLA but want to move to Sc... the other two I know of went to TENN..
Me, I am looking at NV.... Tired of weather, congestion, and TAXES....

What is a surprise is jobs . There are plenty here and im not sure they will find the wealth in any other . I myself cant get away far enough . People Ef things up, then say it sucks and want to relocate . Eventually there will be no place left to go as we've ruined everything .

We get more transplants from California here in Oregon than anyplace else, and they vote for the same type of idiots that screwed up California beyond salvage. Oregon is also circling the drain.

Dave

We get more transplants from California here in Oregon than anyplace else, and they vote for the same type of idiots that screwed up California beyond salvage. Oregon is also circling the drain.

Dave
I can attest to that. I tried to develop a project in Oregon that employed over 100 family wage jobs at over $35/hr., Infused over $150Million in capital, but, the politics of the product killed the project. Thank you Governor Kitzhaber!

Dave

Agreed, they are like foreigners, they dont like it where they are at, so they move. Then they try to make it resemble where they came from and ruin it . Me? I want to assimilate and leave me alone .

... TAXES....

I've talked to a few recent transplants from the Northeast and they all said the cost of living was why they left. 2nd most popular reason was that there are too many *** holes up north.

People Ef things up, then say it sucks and want to relocate

Then they bring their shitty politics that they are fleeing to their new location and try to force it on the locals.:elmer:

I left NY almost 40 years ago due to the high cost of living and crazy high taxes. Never regretted it for a minute. Glad I did it then while I could easily start over in a new place.

I've talked to a few recent transplants from the Northeast and they all said the cost of living was why they left. 2nd most popular reason was that there are too many *** holes up north.

Then they bring their shitty politics that they are fleeing to their new location and try to force it on the locals.:elmer:

It is relentless here, property taxes and car insurance are the highest in the country.

Jersey has the most people per square mile of the lower 48 . 9.8 million people in the state . Those are just the legal Americans that say they live here . What about the other 4 million illegal immigrants that are bleeding the system dry?
Infrastructure is old and brittle, The roads are horrible, horrible!

We used to have the cheapest gasoline until they added 25 cents to the gas tax, then another .06 cents . .

Laws and regulations here are all cash influenced or insurance is behind it .

God damn you Chris ..:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::icon_fU:

Lot's of people leaving New York State too. Weather, taxes and some crazy stuff coming from Albany. There are jobs, but the good ones for blue collar guys left the building.

The government has taken to catering to the downstate NYC area (no offense to the guys down there) and are ignoring upstate and especially the north country.

I spend a lot of time [almost 5 months a year] in the Berkshire hills in the Western part of MA. I get there in May and stay through Sept. I love it there but the winters can be cold. I do like the fact you are relatively close to NY City, Boston, Vermont, New Hampshire, Conn and all of NY State. Actually I am in the Berks as we speak and it is quiet and peaceful unlike Boston where I live the rest of the time. I am thinking of retiring in the Berkshires though.

I have been a Jersey resident my entire life. I still live within 6 miles from where I was born. I am at the northern part, close to the NY state line, but New York City is very close. I still don't hate it here, but the love is gone. It's not one thing. The taxes are high, the traffic is just out of control, the urbanization of the local towns where single family homes, garden centers and small local farms are being developed into mid rise apartment complexes with retail on the first floor. Yet, the roads are not widened. The people moving in are more urban than suburban, just not neighborly. My best example would be 30 years ago if I took out a ladder, one of my neighbors would ask if I needed a hand. This fall I was cleaning out my gutters and a guy walking by with his hybrid dog(labradoodle), he came over to me and asked me for my card, he needed his gutters cleaned. Sad, but true. Now I know what my father meant by " the good old days" .

), he came over to me and asked me for my card, he needed his gutters cleaned. Sad, but true. Now I know what my father meant by " the good old days
LOL, I would like to think I would go give him a estimate of a huge amount, just for kicks.
guy walking by with his hybrid dog(labradoodle
Sorry, it's a mutt, like the rest of us.

Several years ago, a local radio car show host said that according to U-Haul reports, CA was a state that was being left quite regularly. With many of them coming to TX, at that time.

A Dallas area real estate guy said that when Toyota relocated their headquarters to the Plano, TX area, an older man cashed out his CA residence, came to TX, found a nice house, got a federal-backed Reverse Mortgage For Purchase, got it bought and had a huge surplus of money left over. Quite a nice deal, if you work it right! The "set for life" term didn't even come close to describing his new financial position.

Back when things got very slow up north in the earlier 1980s, we saw a big lot of vehicles with northern license plates and floppy fenders. One byproduct of their migration southward was that they had to have their northern brands of beer, which followed about 6 months later. It didn't take long for "If You Don't Like How We Do Things, Take I-35 NORTH!" bumper stickers to appear, either.

Growth and migration will happen, no matter what. Whether we like it or not.

CBODY67

I hear you guys. When you know it's time to leave, you just know.
Illinois is crushing the working class and business community with regulations and high taxes. On day one, of our new billionaire governor's day in office, he was on the news, already positioning himself to raise taxes. This cycle will never end in Illinois as long as politicians value the non-working class over the working class, and continue to promote themselves as our "savior" with a promise to make changes, especially when speaking to their base.

Job are plentiful in the Chicagoland area, including high paying union jobs which have a strong foothold in this state, which is a good thing because the higher wages provide families a comfortable life, and enable them to contribute money back to their community. But for the majority of the population that are not part of a Local or have access to one, they are being squeezed out of this state, in the form of the high taxes that are being imposed.
This has been going on so long, our State officials can not, or will not, recognize this is actually a problem, and just expect Illinoisans to foot the bill and keep on paying for all kinds government sponsored programs or services they will never use, or do not "qualify" to use because they actually work, and earn a living. It's an insane thought process to me, but not for the majority of the population in this state, since the majority of voters in Illinois keep electing politian's that keep dishing out the same ole ****.
Keep in mind, I didn't grow up here. I moved to Illinois in 1984 because I believed there were more opportunities here than my old state of Ohio.
I adapted to a faster way of life, have made a decent living, met my wife and raised a family. But now, I recognize I won't retire here, and will be planning my exodus.
I too, know quite a few people who are planning or preparing to vacate this state, me included. Most in part because of the high cost of living. I truly like Illinois, the availability and access to all types of interests to do and see here, but because of the cost of living, and with getting somewhat nearer to a retirement date, I know I do not intend returning my retirement savings right back to this state in the form of high taxes. I've already paid enough.

The second reason most important reason I will be leaving Illinois, is because of the weather. I never liked winter, and plan to relocate to a warmer climate. Besides, I'll be able to drive any one of my cars more than just 4 to 5 months out of the year.

The other states listed in this article are experiencing the same problems as in Illinois. Luckily, none of them are on my list of states to relocate to:
Tax Exodus: 5 States That Residents Are Fleeing

Several years ago, a local radio car show host said that according to U-Haul reports, CA was a state that was being left quite regularly. With many of them coming to TX, at that time.

A Dallas area real estate guy said that when Toyota relocated their headquarters to the Plano, TX area, an older man cashed out his CA residence, came to TX, found a nice house, got a federal-backed Reverse Mortgage For Purchase, got it bought and had a huge surplus of money left over. Quite a nice deal, if you work it right! The "set for life" term didn't even come close to describing his new financial position.

Back when things got very slow up north in the earlier 1980s, we saw a big lot of vehicles with northern license plates and floppy fenders. One byproduct of their migration southward was that they had to have their northern brands of beer, which followed about 6 months later. It didn't take long for "If You Don't Like How We Do Things, Take I-35 NORTH!" bumper stickers to appear, either.

Growth and migration will happen, no matter what. Whether we like it or not.

CBODY67

Agreed. But the same idiots who voted for people who wanted to turn California into a sanctuary state with a very high percentage of folks on welfare that are now bankrupting the social safety net are now fleeing the high taxes, high crime rates and general lawlessness and lack of good citizenship. They then vote for the same type of liberal idiots that caused the problem where they used to live. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you. Pretty soon there will be no place left to run. Got lots of ammo?

Dave

Illinois is the same as Ca and NY. I was born and raised in Chicago. Spent most of my adult life there too. I was able to retire early and couldn’t leave fast enough. The state was just ranked third behind Ca and NY for most people leaving the state. The tax and spend imbeciles in Springfield and Chicago are locked into the squirrel cage. They raise taxes to meet budget shortfalls because y’know, the tax base is shrinking. So then more taxpayers move out. So they have to raise taxes again for the next shortfall and again more taxpayers leave and so on and so on blah blah blah. Its just stupid.

@CBODY67 Back in the early '80's when I lived in Ohio, I considered being one of those northerner's that invaded your state.
Some of my neighborhood friends went down when the oil industry was booming and paying high wages. They made a boatload of money when down there. But when the jobs dried up and Texans had had enough of their own towns people losing good paying jobs to out-of-staters, soon my friends who went to Texas started showing up back in Ohio.
I was watching one of those real estate home flippin' shows on cable a couple weeks ago, who had a real estate agent in Texas discussing how they were now marketing new home sales, geared towards Californian's who are leaving their state because of high tax rates.

With home prices in Cali are grossly over priced, you can bet the agents will be marking up the listing prices. To a Texan these homes would most likely seem over priced, but to someone coming from Cali, they'll probably think they're getting a great deal. I'm sure by being a real estate agent in Texas today will be a rewarding career.
I hope the migration this time around doesn't change your state too much.

They raise taxes to meet budget shortfalls because y’know, the tax base is shrinking. So then more taxpayers move out. So they have to raise taxes again for the next shortfall and again more taxpayers leave and so on and so on blah blah blah. Its just stupid.
Yup. That pretty much sums it up.

Back