Dave's old 1971 dodge polara 2 door

crazytrain

Reaction score
Hello,
my name is Eric, I just wanted to introduce myself since I just purchasedDave's old 1971 2 door dodge polara, and I will be posting asking for parts, ortechnical help as I try to bring it back to its former glory. I just got thecar home yesterday and I just completed a thorough inspection of what it needs.

Things to repair:
-tranny pan gasket is leaking
-needs a battery hold down
-a few small wiring issues under the hood, no big deal there
-radiator needs checked, it is corroding pretty bad
-good tune up, belts and hoses
-no overflow bottle(not sure if these cars came equiped with them)
-no backup lights
-no dash lights
-no top of fender turn signals
-no horn

Body work:
-small spot on both fender heels
-antenna hole plug with something and glued in
-a few very small patches on the rear 1/4 panels
-trunk floor
-bad previous repair under the rear window

As you can see, I have some things to do, and any help anybody can give me withparts or suggestions on some of these items, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eric

Here are some pics:
DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

Thanks, I look forward to a new experience with alot of new people, and enjoying a new car.

Antenna plug? Dash lights, reverse lights, fender mounted signals, horn all dont work? What was Sean thinking? What I didnt include in my list of things done was the radiator was re-cored and the fuel sender was replaced.

In 2002 and 2003

118263 2002 front.JPG118263 2002 left front.JPG118263 2003 front seat.JPG

118263 2002 front.JPG

118263 2002 left front.JPG

118263 2003 front seat.JPG

I am trying to upload pictures, but a moderater must approve them first, and you will see what i mean. Yeah, I'm not sure what he was trying to do, but I am hoping that the lights and horn are just a ground, bulb, or fuse.

Wow! What happened to it? Looks like you'll be busy for awhile.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I think Dave is going to have a heart attack. What was that guy thinking. Welcome aboard BTW. That car deserves a better fate.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I will be busy for awhile, but I guarantee it is headed for a revival. I know it looks bad, but it actually looks worse than it is.

I hope thats true.....

No, I didnt know the last guy..serves me right though for selling the car

You are lucky you got the Polara before he put 26"rims on it!!!

I hope thats true.....

No, I didnt know the last guy..serves me right though for selling the car
You don't know how blessed you are. You get to see this car restored and it won't cost you a nickel. Thank the nice man!

Back