David Michael Schwartz imon_2nd RIP 11/12/18

LeBaron1973

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm sad to report that member imon_2nd with the imperial mobile director died last November 12.

I was doing an internet search and found his photo and information on this website:

Https://sunsetlawn.chapelofthechimes.com/obits/david-michael-schwartz/

9/10/48 - 11/12/18

He seemed a nice guy and was able (for a short time) to enjoy his lovely car.

RIP :(

Last edited:
I'm glad he got the time he did after the leg infection nightmare... RIP.

RIP, It seems he certainly lead a full and fulfilling life.

I can't say that I've ever read his posts or even knew about him until this thread but he appears to have been good man, not to mention a genius.

Here he and car is for those that don't know of him.
DAVE TROPHY 2018_1.jpg

I'm sad to report that member imon_2nd with the imperial mobile director died last November 12.

I was doing an internet search and found his photo and information on this website:

Https://sunsetlawn.chapelofthechimes.com/obits/david-michael-schwartz/

9/10/48 - 11/12/18

He seemed a nice guy and was able (for a short time) to enjoy his lovely car.

RIP :(

I am so sorry to hear of Dave's passing. I'll miss him and the saga of his '67 Imperial. I am reminded again: "Some day is today. . ."

Here he and car is for those that don't know of him.View attachment 273262

I'm so sad to read of his passing. Dave and I corresponded regularly while he was doing the restoration. Brilliantly smart, inspiring hobbyist, and a really nice guy.

Fortunately though, he had some time after his diagnosis to "seize the moment," and enjoy life to the fullest. His Mobile Director '67, and the joy he had driving/showing it; were a big part of that, as this wonderful photo proves, just look at that smile.

If only I had a spare $22.5K to purchase it, and take it to every show I could with lots of photos of him as a tribute. Hopefully this car will find a loving, deserving home that will appreciate it like he did.

Back