DavidHill Do these look correct to you?

Jon O.

Reaction score
points.png

You are going to need grease for the points rubbing block to do a proper install. Point gap spec is .017.or 30 degrees dwell. Looks like any time for me after Tuesday or when the weather improves. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow.

He and I had a great time together at Mecum Indy. His Mopar knowledge is amazing. It's almost equal to his Mopar enthusiasm!

Actually, David, I just finished cleaning out the old, hardened blobs of friggin' axle grease on all moving parts of my dizzy :BangHead: and rebuilding it today, installing the FBO timing limiter plate at the 18* slot, set Initial to 14*. This puts my Total at 32/33*, which is all I think these heavy beasts with 3.23 gearing can take. Road test tomorrow for ping at part and WOT. Maybe it'll take another degree or two of Total, but it's that 14* Initial that I really like. Easy starting, smooth idle that simply ignores AC cycling, cool running temps. I run 93 gas, BTW.

This was the last chore of my year-long refurbishment, so I guess I'm tellin' ya that I don't need ya anymore! :(

FBO limiter plate
UTEW0684.JPG

And the best part was putting this beautiful ECS-provided "Computer Tested" sticker on the vac pot when I was done!
ECS Automotive Concepts -- Chrysler Products -- 636-207-7767
BUEZ2833.JPG

CIRI1975.JPG

Last edited:
Actually, David, I just finished cleaning out the old, hardened blobs of friggin' axle grease on all moving parts of my dizzy :BangHead: and rebuilding it today, installing the FBO timing limiter plate at the 18* slot, set initial to 14*. This put my total at 32/33*, which is all I think these heavy beasts with 3.23 gearing can take. Road test tomorrow for ping at part and WOT. I run 93, BTW.

This was the last chore of my year-long refurbishment, so I guess I'm tellin' ya that I don't need ya anymore! :(

FBO limiter plate
View attachment 312958

And the best part was putting this beautiful ECS-provided "Computer Tested" sticker on the vac pot when I was done!
ECS Automotive Concepts -- Chrysler Products -- 636-207-7767
View attachment 312959

View attachment 312960
Good job on the dist. Rebuild. If you encounter spark knock at cruise speed adj. Your vac. Advance w/ an allen wrench thro the vac. Advance port first.

Yeah, I worked the vac advance a while back....increased spring resistance and plotted the advance using a MightyVac to apply vacuum in 2 in/hg increments, liking what I saw. But good point...I might have to revisit the pot setting after the limiter plate install.

Good job on the dist. Rebuild. If you encounter spark knock at cruise speed adj. Your vac. Advance w/ an allen wrench thro the vac. Advance port first.
I don't want to be impatient, but I don't have much time until I leave. Check your messages.

Back