Dead Dodge Garage did a YouTube video on my 300G

Gary, have you seen the aftermarket master cylinder reservoir extension for our single pot master that would bring it out ahead of the bellows? I seen one about 25 plus years ago on Ebay and wish I would of bought it.

Lads --
Some comments:
- I have a '60 Fury with the SonoRamic (note the spelling, especially the capital "R") Commando engine. You can see in in the photo of the mill in my Big-Tailed Beast that it doesn't have the wheel well cutouts, but the build record I got from Chrysler shows that it came off the St. Louis assembly line with the cross-ram or, officially, "ram induction," manifolds. Since it was an early production car, coming off the line in 1959, it may well have been a "mule" or some sort of factory test car.
- Being an early car, it doesn't have those slotted rods going from the bellcrank to the carbs, but rather solid threaded ones resting on ball joints.
- I'm an old fudd who abused a similar car back in '60'-64, but this is the first I've ever heard about the push-button TorqueFlite being a "telegraph" transmission. Back then (as well as nowadays), we called it the "typewriter trans."
- My current BTB has the square or "Aero" steering wheel which was a $11 option then.
- Chrysler did a lot of manual cutting on their cars to modify them for particular options as looking from underneath at my '65 Sport Fury with the 426S and 4-speed shows the rather primitive hack job of sawing on its floor board to accommodate the Hurst shift linkage. This was actually a retro fit causing the price of a 426S with the 4-speed costing more than one with the TorqueFlite ($515 vs $483).
- Incidentally, my '57 300C with its 392 CID Hemi also develops 375 HP. Even with 3.36 gears it will burn rubber off the line and chirp the tires shifting into 2nd if I hammer it. It too has a 150 speedometer, and I did get it to indicate 150 on its 50th birthday (Jan.19, 2007) on I-25 here in Colorado, but that was with an old speedo, a slight downgrade, and a light following breeze so I may have gotten an honest 138-140 out of it. The best any C did on the factory test track was 143.7 MPH. But I sure had fun scaring the heck out of some flatland touristers as we blew by.
Joe Godec
'57 Chrysler 300C, '60 Fury SonoRamic, '65 Fuelie Vette, '65 Sport Fury 426S/4-speed
mail.jpg

Last edited:
Back