Dealer name plate...

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Well I added a little piece of trim to the rear gate. A friend was parting out a 72 Newport and said I could come over and pillage before it went to the wreckers. Well I grabbed a bunch of misc stuff and then saw this little baby on the trunk. It's an old local dealer name plate....Lawson Oates Chrysler...Vancouver BC. The dealership is still around. Unfortunately it's chrome plated plastic...so I think it might be from the early 80's? Newport had a repaint and I suspect it was done when the car might have been traded in.

But regardless it's super cool and I just had to get it on the wagon....even if the wagon didn't actually come from there.

PICT6645_zps113466fb.jpg

PICT6646_zps2bc0271f.jpg

Agreed, I like it. A nice addition!

The devil is in the details. Nice touch.
Didn't Leaburn actually repop a dealer name plate for his BOAB?

Those are super cool! My NY'er had a shadow on the paint where the original one was. The corner used car lot that I bought the NY'er from took it off and put a cheesy decal and a cheap plastic black license frame on it. Those were the first things that came off my NY'er (beside the antenna mast falling off on the way home) when I got her to the house.

Cool stuff....

It's an old local dealer name plate....Lawson Oates Chrysler...Vancouver BC. it's super cool and I just had to get it on the wagon....even if the wagon didn't actually come from there.

PICT6645_zps113466fb.jpg

PICT6646_zps2bc0271f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love details like that, rarely seen at shows.
I found several old NOS dealer emblems at a antique store in Birmingham (alabama), a few weeks ago. They are chrome plated metal. The dealership is long gone but was doing business in 1969... So I am installing one on my 69 300.
I have about 6-8 of them.

Central motors emblem (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Another reason you don't see too many these days, at least around here is due to collector plates. You can't have any decals, emblems etc that are not original to the car, or you won't qualify for the plates. This is one of the reasons why I don't have collector plates on the wagon....I'd have to loose all the cool stickers I have in my back windows...and that would be like neutering the car.

That makes no sense at all to me. Something that was on the car since the first day of registration is in every way original. I thought Germany is strict, but that tops about everything I heard before.

Just the province of BC...with a Provincial run Insurance corporation, ICBC, they can be as unreasonable as they see fit. Heck even California has more lax laws when it comes to insuring old cars.

I've called and complained many times...and even given examples of other, more fair laws, and they just basicly tell me to F-Off.

in ontario canada to qualify for a vintage plate the car must be mostly original. wheels tires motor etc. it costs 17 bucks a year compared to 75 loonies for a regular plate.it is supposed to be driven only on special occasions such as parades or car shows. i have a vintage plate on my 65 barracuda 340 with headers and weld wheels. if i get pulled over so what. play dumb save the coin have fun and **** the government whenever you have the opportunity. they have me bent over most of the time.

Just the province of BC...with a Provincial run Insurance corporation, ICBC, they can be as unreasonable as they see fit. Heck even California has more lax laws when it comes to insuring old cars.

I've called and complained many times...and even given examples of other, more fair laws, and they just basicly tell me to F-Off.
Yea, we should have all this soon enough here too...

The problem comes up if your ever in an accident. The will look at the vehicle and your insurance. And if your vehicle does not appear to meet the minimum requirements for your insurance covereage, then they could, and likely will, deny your coverage. Which will leave YOU having to pay all the costs. I know how petty the insurance corp. is...my wife works in the law field and deals with these a$$hats all the time.

Brian, I once read that they arrested a truck driver up there while smoking in his cab because he was smoking in a public place somewhere that it was against the law.
Urban legend or true?

It is probably true...though probably and over zealous officer making a bad call. It is illegal to smoke in the work place, and near schools and parks. So my guess is the truck driver was sitting in a work truck having a smoke, parked near a school or park.

It is probably true...though probably and over zealous officer making a bad call. It is illegal to smoke in the work place, and near schools and parks. So my guess is the truck driver was sitting in a work truck having a smoke, parked near a school or park.

Welcome to Kanada. The public heath types up here have convinced politicos to pass all sorts of those "protect us from ourselves" laws and it is getting absolutely ridiculous. Government needs to get out of our faces.

actually he was driving his truck at the time.it was in my local newspaper. cop pulled him over and ticketed him for smoking in the workplace if you can believe it or not. he is the only driver of that truck. i can think of aother name for the officer other than zealous. it has 7 letters as well and starts with an A and ends in *******. a waste of tax dollars.

actually he was driving his truck at the time.it was in my local newspaper. cop pulled him over and ticketed him for smoking in the workplace if you can believe it or not. he is the only driver of that truck. i can think of aother name for the officer other than zealous. it has 7 letters as well and starts with an A and ends in *******. a waste of tax dollars.
Yea, the same law exists in Ohio since a smoking ban was passed a few years ago. If there's a chance that another employee may have to use the vehicle then it's considered a public place. Only a real dick cop would enforce it though.

Back