SOLD defroster hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I need the flex hose that runs from the heater case to the passenger side defroster hose on a 67 Polara non A/C car. Likely a lot of model crossover here. It has a clip/clamp on both ends.

Thanks
Will.

Years ago I purchased flexible dryer duct in the size I needed for my '59 Imperial. The only negative its not black but is hidden under the dash. Think outside the box and go to your nearest hardware and/or farm store.

Years ago I purchased flexible dryer duct in the size I needed for my '59 Imperial. The only negative its not black but is hidden under the dash. Think outside the box and go to your nearest hardware and/or farm store.

nothing a bit of Krylon paint couldn't fix...

mopar defroster hose at DuckDuckGo
13226884_1201753099837705_8000965357365451449_n.jpg

thanks Pete. Been there, done that. Not what I'm looking for.

5% chance I still have one in my storage unit. I'll be there in a half hour and check.

I need the flex hose that runs from the heater case to the passenger side defroster hose on a 67 Polara non A/C car. Likely a lot of model crossover here. It has a clip/clamp on both ends.

Thanks
Will.
Bet that's like the hoses in my '65 Barracuda. Kind of a "paper" material wound over a flat metal coil with an over center type clip. Mine only has a clamp on the end that clips to the dash vent. Different sizes on each end too.

I've never seen a reproduction that looks or fits anything like the original. Most of what I've seen (at least on the early A bodies) is some plastic that's kind of cobbed into place. I saw one guy used a Shop Vac hose with OK results, but it doesn't even come close to looking like the original.

You know... Will is one of those guys that doesn't need to ask a lot of questions. He just does it. If you've ever seen any of his cars, you'll see he's pretty capable of figuring it out himself.

If he asks a question, or is looking for something, he has already looked and searched himself.

I suggest you learn some respect for those guys that have done more than you will ever do.

You know... Will is one of those guys that doesn't need to ask a lot of questions. He just does it.
If he asks a question, or is looking for something, he has already looked and searched himself.
I suggest you learn some respect for those guys that have done more than you will ever do.
Well John, for starters, you have no idea what I've done, so thank you for making false accusations about me! If he had done his work, he wouldn't have asked the question now would he?
Plus, these is pretty much the same standard generic interchangeable part used on every Mopar during that time frame. So then tell me, why is it so hard for him to find one that he has to ask the question? I'll wait! I find your reply more unhelpful for him than the info I provided!! You have a good Turkey day!

Last edited:
I got home before I realized I forgot to stop and check my storage stash, and now we are having a snowstorm. I try and get back there tonight, snow doesn't bother me.

Nothing generic about these, different lengths, each hose has different size ends, you cant even get reproductions for a B-Body or E-Body.

What works for a 67 C-Body probably wouldn't work on a 69...

Alan

This is one of the two for my 67 Barracuda. One end is about a 1/2" larger diameter.
TN_2019-03-16_001.JPG

Alan

I could not find any reproductions for My ‘68 that look close and have the right plastic clamps. Cloth hose with wire wrap like above. I ended up using the black cloth electrical tape on the inside and out to repair the tears. It was the best I could do to keep them looking mostly original.

The part number for an original is 2607230 it is shared with all 66-68 C-Body non AC cars.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back