Desoto Seville. Year?

Dylan Galvin

Reaction score
Hey y’all I’m doing this school for automotive tech getting certified doing what I know n like and they have this cool restoration program they’re trying to start up and they’ve got a bunch of beautiful classics at varying stages of completion in shop just waiting for work. They've got a bunch of stuff like a 63 Galaxie 500xl and a pristine replica Shelby Cobra, I can get some pics at some point later if u guys want. Here’s this Desoto they have parked in my shop right now that I don’t know the year of, but am guessing 56. Do you guys know? It also looks like it still has the dealer badge on the rear.

1FF0CB4A-C810-41C8-B185-69F329A32D1A.jpeg

AA1074B8-A275-42E0-B862-1A7C70CDAA32.jpeg

38EAF44D-8ED6-4629-9842-5F4DB330DE99.jpeg

Hey y’all I’m doing this school for automotive tech getting certified doing what I know n like and they have this cool restoration program they’re trying to start up and they’ve got a bunch of beautiful classics at varying stages of completion in shop just waiting for work. They've got a bunch of stuff like a 63 Galaxie 500xl and a pristine replica Shelby Cobra, I can get some pics at some point later if u guys want. Here’s this Desoto they have parked in my shop right now that I don’t know the year of, but am guessing 56. Do you guys know? It also looks like it still has the dealer badge on the rear.

View attachment 396810

View attachment 396811

View attachment 396812

View attachment 396810

View attachment 396811

View attachment 396812
That is a 56 and it is a beauty. I hope they get that restoration program started up, that shoulda great.

View attachment 396810

View attachment 396811

View attachment 396812

When we we kids, my uncle Jerome bought this style DeSoto in this color combination for my aunt. I thought it looked really cool at night with the multiple tail lights.

Dave

My dad had a 56 like this one, in black and white. It was his beater but I loved driving it.
It seemed odd to me, and I never understood why Chrysler manufactured different hemi's for Dodge, Desoto and Chryslers. Very little interchangeability in parts.

Back