Detailing Supplies

AdamR

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you use ? Were do you get them ? Im looking into adding sales to our shop. We would be selling Meguiars, Mothers and 3M to start. Im hoping to be able to build a good mail order business with it.

So the questions are,

Do you use detailing supplies from the above manufactures ?

If yes, Which products do you use or are interested in trying ?

Do you buy your products locally on over the internet ?

Seriously?
I use what I can get a Walmart while I'm doing my grocery shopping and I'm not trying to be a smart-azz. And don't knock Walmart. Their car care shelf is pretty well stocked with some higher end stuff.

For several years I got involuntarily sucked into that anal detail neurosis thing while hanging in the Vette forums (shut up, Dave). If I ever see another post starting with "I Zaino'd my (fill in the blank) today..." I will personally stick a can of that crap up their butt.

The only thing special in my cleaning arsenal is a Porter Cable buffer and it's because I have a torn rotator cuff. Hell, I'll throw Ajax onto the buffing pad before I'll mail order some "miracle" tiger pizz

Sorry. Just being honest. I'm most likely not in your target market.

When you have an issue with one of the products ypu bought at walmart who do you go to for help ?

Got a question about proper application ? What product to use on a certain surface ? Can the guy at walmart help you ?

I will have access to products that walmart doesnt carry.

Don't get snippy with me. You asked the questions. My answers were sincere and to help you in the direction you want to go.
Now I get the impression the questions were out of shameless self-promotion rather than a legitimate survey.

When you have an issue with one of the products ypu bought at walmart who do you go to for help ?
The Returns Dept. the following week when I do my grocery shopping.

BTW - How did you get the title FCBO Administrator? Washing Joey's car?

Last edited:
Don't get snippy with me. You asked the questions. My answers were sincere and to help you in the direction you want to go.
Now I get the impression the questions were out of shameless self-promotion rather than a legitimate survey.

The Returns Dept. the following week when I do my grocery shopping.

BTW - How did you get the title FCBO Administrator? Washing Joey's car?

Commando, I asked a legitimate question, you answer, I asked another question. I dont see were I was being snippy. It seems more like your being snippy.

How did I get to be admin ? I started fabo all most 9 years ago. I've been in the automotive business since I was 18, body shop, dealerships etc before going into the detail business. Enjoy your day.

Sorry. It really sounded snippy and I I don't respond well to what i hear as being snippy. So snippy it wasn't.

How did I get to be admin ? I started fabo all most 9 years ago. I've been in the automotive business since I was 18, body shop, dealerships etc before going into the detail business. Enjoy your day.
And that just put me in my place, didn't it? LOL! :beermug:
I didn't know that.
So who's this poor Joey fella that we've been picking on all the time? :eusa_eh:

Btw, now that we've been formerly introduced...:wave3:

I sold fabo to Joey years ago, It got to be more then I can handle. He lets me hang around and pretend Im important.

All this bickering and I missed it before Stan kissed and made up...that'll teach me to go to work.

So Joey is the Administrator and you just have the title but really are nothing more than a fly on the wall :eusa_think: ......then your title has to go!!

I always use Meguires stuff because thats all there is on the shelves. They go to the shows with that big trailer and pretty much have the car show market cornered. I never use armor all, again Meguires tire stuff and interior stuff. I generally buy stuff from them at the shows since I can save the sales tax plus a buck.

If I buy at a store its usually off the cuff and I need it now..........

I am still pondering over this Moderator thing :eusa_think:

In case you havent noticed Stan and I are the bad apples:buffer:

In case you havent noticed Stan and I are the bad apples:buffer:

Boondock-Teamwork.jpg

Seriously?
I use what I can get a Walmart while I'm doing my grocery shopping and I'm not trying to be a smart-azz. And don't knock Walmart. Their car care shelf is pretty well stocked with some higher end stuff.

For several years I got involuntarily sucked into that anal detail neurosis thing while hanging in the Vette forums (shut up, Dave). If I ever see another post starting with "I Zaino'd my (fill in the blank) today..." I will personally stick a can of that crap up their butt.

The only thing special in my cleaning arsenal is a Porter Cable buffer and it's because I have a torn rotator cuff. Hell, I'll throw Ajax onto the buffing pad before I'll mail order some "miracle" tiger pizz

Sorry. Just being honest. I'm most likely not in your target market.
Stan, what's a "Teamster" doing shopping at Wallmart?

So Joey is the Administrator and you just have the title but really are nothing more than a fly on the wall :eusa_think: ......then your title has to go!!

If thats what you want to think :VB toast:

Glad this thread stayed on topic.

Stan, what's a "Teamster" doing shopping at Wallmart?
Chris, you've brought up quite a serious issue. This may be totally off-topic but your question, although I know is said in humor, is quite a problem with some of the moral and ethical issues that I wrestle with everyday now. I apologize to the rest of the members for my getting on my political soap box but here goes.

Back home (Boston), the anti-Walmart climate is HUGE. And I do mean huge. As a Teamster, we morally chose to shop only at non anti-union companies.
We even refused to receive packages from FedEx. If we were seen shopping at Walmart, we were shunned by our coworkers and reprimanded by our Local.
This worked extremely well in the Boston area where Walmart had no respect and we had plenty of alternatives. They were just basically another store.

Down here in Fum-buck County, there is nowhere else to go. Walmart, down here, literally is a horizontal funnel where goods flow in through the back door and straight out the front door into your trunk. They might as well set up a conveyor belt rather than stock the shelves. My "boys" back home understand my situation as they are not living in a cocoon and don't realize the what a walmart world the U.S. is now and how, as Teamsters, we are dynosaurs in our death throes.

I'm being 100% honest when I say I have to hold back on my wanting to upchuck every time I pull into their parking lot.

Again, my apologies, but if it wasn't for my Teamsters pension, I'd be dumpster diving rather than shopping at Walmart. It's the lesser of two horrible evils.

Sorry for the interruption, we now return to our regular C-body programming.
rant.gif

BTW, if this leads into a union/anti-union dialog, I'm out of here. OK? :angry3:

I feel bad that the topic has steered off into the twilight zone when the topic is about car detailing products.

I'l try and steer this back onto the road.
AdamR: I applaud your expanding your servcesas that is what free enterprise is all about, but, personally, I'm at a loss to see why one would mail order a product that is generally available at discount big-boxes or if it's a "boutique" item, Amazon will clobber you on price. I just got off of YouTube and I was shocked at the generally available brand names got literally dozens of videos each giving giving product information.

I owned a hardware store at one time, and everything was hunky-dorry until Home Depot moved into town...

If you really want to get into the heads of the detail-anal enthusiasts, spend a day at
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
and
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion-10/

or Google: Zaino

I think a lot of guys like to buy over the internet. Not sure why. Maybe it not available locally, maybe they are to lazy to go to the store. Perhaps a better deal online. These site just may be the wrong target audience for want Im trying to do. Were more hands on, do it yourself type and a lot of us would rather be wrenching or cruising then trying out the latest greatest detail products.

I have other roads to try that will probably work out better for us, Local clubs, Subarus, Audis BMWs, Mustangs and Vettes, those guys love to polish there toys all day, especially the younger 18-30 y/o guys/

I thought I would ask here seeing 1. Id rather talk about Mopars then BMWs and 2. I know more people on these sites then those sites.

Also, the company I would be getting those supplies from also would give us access to there full catalog including Holley, Edelbrock, Comp Cams, MSD, M/T etc.

I have other roads to try that will probably work out better for us, Local clubs, Subarus, Audis BMWs, Mustangs and Vettes, those guys love to polish there toys all day, especially the younger 18-30 y/o guys/

That's the road that'll serve your endeavor best.

Back