Determining Seat Fabric Colors

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well, I think I know what the color should be, but I've reviewed the build sheet and if the information is there I don't know what I'm looking for. This is on my 68 Chrysler New Yorker. The paint and style code is FF1 which is Frost Green Metallic.

I'm certain that the vinyl is black and I'm pretty sure the cloth should be also. I think the cloth should be black because when you put the armrest down it's black.
20200415_190354[1].jpg
20200415_190142[1].jpg
IMG_5962a.jpg

Here is the style and where each color goes from the ‘68 parts book.
966E95D9-B60E-4EE9-92A5-2CDC71D0272E.jpeg

Thank you so much. It certainly helps if you know what you're looking at and I clearly didn't.
Thanks but it was actually easier then it seemed. Mopar interior codes were always three character Letter, Number, letter and X is always black.

The Hamtramck Historical library is great — the link above shows that:

H8X: black vinyl and cloth
H9X: all black vinyl

And high trim in both cases (3-in-1 split bench)

image.jpeg
It is also on your fender tag on the third line , TRM which on mine shows M3X which is black leather next is your paint color PNT, mine shows HH1: Antique Ivory

SMS is having a sale. Have them send you a sample and see if you like it.

John, what exactly is your goal here. I think you need to ask yourself some questions. Do you want factory original or just to make it look decent. What color do you want? It seems to me the interior was black at one point or am I wrong?
There's a real good upholstery shop in Williamsport that I use. They did a seat in my '79 300, I had my Imperial seats done there, my '77 Lotus done there and I took my seats for my '89 Esprit there back in December. I took them there and said fix them. Told them what color i wanted and that was that. They have mountains of material. They do awesome work.

Website

When you buy your material, you're going to need someone to redo your seats. Unless you plan on doing them yourself, they may be worth a call. They may be able to do it all, without involving SMS.

Hi John,

You might also try F.A.B. Trim Shop in Meadville, I'm sure @78Brougham has a very good shop he referenced but this should be much closer to you. Unfortunately I don't know if he's open due to the virus and it seems he moved out of his shop and into his private residence but he still does do the work. Now that he doesn't have the overhead of the shop, his prices may be lower but they were always reasonable and he's been at it for years, I suspect he's simi-retired. Hopefully the Gov will open up PA county by county and Crawford has very few cases. Just google F.A.B. Trim Shop Meadville, PA.

John, what exactly is your goal here. I think you need to ask yourself some questions. Do you want factory original or just to make it look decent. What color do you want? It seems to me the interior was black at one point or am I wrong?
There's a real good upholstery shop in Williamsport that I use. They did a seat in my '79 300, I had my Imperial seats done there, my '77 Lotus done there and I took my seats for my '89 Esprit there back in December. I took them there and said fix them. Told them what color i wanted and that was that. They have mountains of material. They do awesome work.

Website

When you buy your material, you're going to need someone to redo your seats. Unless you plan on doing them yourself, they may be worth a call. They may be able to do it all, without involving SMS.
I was hoping for something that looked factory. It doesn't have to be restoration correct. I had bought some fabric from SMS in the 90's as a lowly airmen. There prices must have went up exponentially. I've got a dale coming from SMS so if nothing else I can try to find something close.

Hi John,

You might also try F.A.B. Trim Shop in Meadville, I'm sure @78Brougham has a very good shop he referenced but this should be much closer to you. Unfortunately I don't know if he's open due to the virus and it seems he moved out of his shop and into his private residence but he still does do the work. Now that he doesn't have the overhead of the shop, his prices may be lower but they were always reasonable and he's been at it for years, I suspect he's simi-retired. Hopefully the Gov will open up PA county by county and Crawford has very few cases. Just google F.A.B. Trim Shop Meadville, PA.
I've got a local guy to do the sewing and installing.

I'll check out both of the guys that are being recommended. It's not going to be a restoration. So, looks good and is close to correct appearance I'd what I'm after.

Back