SOLD Did someone here buy this one? 68 Imperial on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121469280549?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$_57.jpg

My brother wants a 68 Imperial but "not now". I wish I had upped my bid just a little bit.

$_57.jpg

It was stolen.

What are you guys smoking? Ok, it's a good price realm to be in on an Imp, but it's not without issues:

Needs work on carpet, ac, power windows, some work on engine, still runs good.

No pics of motor, no clarity on what the 'engine work' is. It could smoke like a 4 alarm fire when started up and need a rebuild.

Interior is shabby (but will clean up), chrome not bright.

spent over 8 thousand on the car

And yet none of it shows.

It's keyed and need$ a paint job.

I must be channeling commando1.

That there is a nice car. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you take brand loyalty out of the equation, what else can you buy in that condition for that money? A Cadillac? A Lincoln? No way. You might get a clapped-out Nova for that money.

Imperials have their problems with some unique parts but for the most part, they also have the advantage of being from the smallest of the Big 3: more parts bin engineering across all the lines. So it's a 440 and a Torqueflite, rather than a 429/472 or a Lincoln 460. Lots of availability there. That car looks complete and is reported to be a driver.

I'd say it was well bought indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back