Disc brake question

mopar Joe 65

Reaction score
I am thinking about a manual to disc conversion , I see a kit from Leeds I might go with it’s a manual to disc w/o booster do any of you think this will work ok ? Or should I go with the PB booster kit ? I will post these two kits any advice is appreciated.

00622AF5-489B-4AB1-91D8-E3F848D4A047.png

DA69CDF2-3164-478B-86B7-29DE2AABD231.jpeg

Manual discs on a C-Body are not going to give you much of an increase in braking power. The C-Body is just too heavy, that is why the factory setups were power assisted. My advice would be to try and find a factory disc setup from a donor car and have the booster and calipers rebuilt. This will be a lot cheaper than the after market conversion and it will be a match performance wise to the C-Body design. What year car are you working on as this makes a big difference on which conversions will work.

Dave

These questions come up all the time and often they are after buying one of these expensive kits. From what I've seen, the conversion using factory parts is cheaper and, as long as you source the right parts, just about guaranteed to fit without any drama.

That's a lottttttttt of Chineseum..... Don't pay with rubles right now !!!!

That's a lottttttttt of Chineseum..... Don't pay with rubles right now !!!!
You will need a wheel barrow full of 10k Ruble notes and it is going to get a lot worse. Wealthy Russians are buying Bitcoin and are probably going into a preset trap to wipe out their wealth.

Dave

Thanks guys for your input , the car is a 65 fury lll with manual drum brakes. The other kit I was considering is from the ram man with spindles but I would need a booster and pb swing peddle.

164A477A-5D6C-4347-BC57-D1C866E7F1D0.jpeg

You better read up about the ram man, his (resold from other outfits) millions of wrong parts in his "kits", and his lack of knowledge and service....
Comments from people that want to strangle him are all over For C Bodies Only and
For B Bodies Only.....mopar Joe 65.... you need to get off that road......

His Listing (in very small print) is "C" Body and Imperial ---- "C" Body is 5 x 4 1/2 ,
Imperial is 5 x 5 ---
Different Bolt Pattern / Wheel won't even mount / You do the math .....

Do you have p/n list by chance of all parts used? Thanks in advance
No, unfortunately I don't. I'm sure one of our members with a parts book can help with this. I picked the spindles, calipers, distribution block, master cylinder and rotors from a 1973 Chrysler T&C.

Booster was from a 1969 Chrysler T&C.

I got all of my bearings and some of the suspension bushings from RockAuto. The remaining suspension components came from Craig @mobileparts. Craig most likely has all of the wear items for your car.

Back