Disc hardware questions

GBsPanhead

Reaction score
So...….got my spindles and disc setup from Barnfind...2 boxes. Issue with one of the boxes, surprise, surprise! Box kinda opened, and lost the baggy with some of the bolts. Questions...are the bolts anything special that hold the backing plates on to the spindles? Like low profile heads or something? There are 3 bolts that go through the backing plate into the spindle. Are the 2 large bolts at bottom of spindle that go to lower control arm the same on my drums? I could use those bolts from my old drum lowers to mount the new lower part of the spindle if they are the same. I think they are the same, but just double checking. Thanks!

Last edited:
The dust sheild bolts are nothing special. I wouldnt expect the drum bolts to be as long as the ones for the disc balljoint. But I've been wrong before.

According to the parts book the lower ball joint has the same part number for disk and drum cars. If you still have one a bag with bolts for one side, pull a bolt out of your drum set-up and compare. I think they are the same. You should be able to source dust shield bolts or something close. They only hold the shield in place.

And the ball joint bolts are the same if you haven't tackled this yet...

Back