Disk brakes what to choose

67-Fury

Reaction score
I have a 67 fury convertible that I just adore not to many 19 year olds want a almost 50 year old over 2 ton tank but im not most 19 year olds. So my question is it needs all new brakes bad and its not like a e-body where I can get a million different brake kits for it I have done a lot of searching and I can go with the just suspension kit for a grand or the ssb kit witch is cheaper but I don't think it comes with the must stuff and I think I mite half to change the spindles its really confusing me or there is the scarebird kit that uses ford rotors and dodge 1500 calipers witch is cheap and I don't half to change the spindles so im asking for help what should I do I don't wanna half to pay a lot of money but I understand you get what you pay for what is my best option here? I heard the best was to get them from a 73 fury but no way im finding one that hasn`t been used in a demo so please help me here its been really bugging me

Looking through your other posts, it looks like you have a substantial amount of work to do on your car before it's road-worthy.

Focus on those tasks first. There's a few reasons for that. First is that disk brakes don't do you any good if your car is on blocks in the garage. Second is that as you do more work, and gain more experience, you may change your opinion about how easy something is to do. Third, it's way more fun to think about a disk brake swap than it is about draining the transmission and refilling it (or whatever mundane task is at hand). I go through that all the time. Just a little while ago, I was posting up about what to do about the radio in my Imperial. It was way more fun than thinking about replacing brake lines and master cylinders.

But I'm trying to remind myself that I want a car that I need to make no excuses for before I want a CD player.

Commando1 made a comment in another thread about some guy probably has a leaking rear main seal, a shredded headliner, and a bunch of other problems, but he probably has a shiny new set of wheels... or something. That really hit home.

Fix the car first. Get a solid base to do mods. That will give you time and experience to make better choices.

well the car is in primer and needs some interior but its preaty much done body wise what it needs is all mechanical brakes,freeze plugs,exhaust stuff like that that's y I ask it don't need a complete resto and I like it kinda ruff around the edges it has character

My 2 cents is the scarebird kit, cheap, uses production parts, brake pads and calipers are available everywhere.

Doing a front conversion is not going to hurt anyones feelings. Going to do mine soon so I want to see where this one goes.

You would do better if you skipped the talk to text way. Very tough to read as I am old. You are 19, very cool you like the old piles. More fun. And if you are the one building it, you can fix it when it breaks.

Back