Do they make a trunk floor pan for a 67 Chrysler?

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahaha!! NO!
So here's the pic and we'll move on to my real question.
2eydueh.jpg
View Raw Image">

OK! Moving on:

What would Jesus (or better yet, YOU guys) do?
Wire wheeled the crap out of the trunk in BitterSweet and a ton of pinholes popped up.
Here are the pics.
What should I do?
Look for a good floor pan? Ugh.
Fabricate? I'll have to buy the dies to mu HF bead roller. Ugh.
Attempt to weld the pinholes and risk a lot of burn through, and put in small patches? Ugh.
Lay down roof sealer and cover it up???
Opinions, please.

2zqyik3.jpg
View Raw Image">

sq5op2.jpg

bj7us5.jpg

2w5kh7d.jpg

f5dq0w.jpg

saulpw.jpg

qxj521.jpg

72f411.jpg

23s9cvm.jpg

I left the floor alone in my brown 71, full of pin holes. I picked up a trunk pan from Murray for my white convertible.....

Those holes in the trunk wouldn't bother me too much

With a lot of the smaller holes you can use a product called Devcon, it is a type of putty that comes in two parts and has metal mixed in it, it is a Milspec product used in the airforce for making airworthy repairs to aircraft so it can handle this type of job. Just make sure to get the right type of Devcon putty when looking for it, there is Devcon aluminum, metal and titanium. Pick the one you would like the best.
When it comes to really small pinholes i have used KBS products that is a rust sealing paint with 80 percent solids in it, slowly drawing the brush over the holes fills them and after three coats produces a tough surface that will never rust again.
As for the bigger holes, gonna have to gite the bullet and cut and weld.

I like Wollfen's idea. There was a similar product called "All Metal" that I used back in the '80, that also worked very well but I think the EPA killed that off. I plan on trying POR 15 and fiberglass mat for the few pin holes in the floor of my vert. Paint on the POR 15, then lay a piece of mat in the wet paint. Let is get tacky, then top coat the mat with more POR 15. I've been told that it cures hard, and of course won't rust, and then you can prime and top coat with color.

BTW, nice opener!

I don't think I need anything (yet) but I'm glad there is something out there if needed.

I love the idea of the metal epoxy method and a high sold rust coating.
I don't have the skill to weld in an entire pan. I'd actually make it worse.

I have yet to install it. I have yet to pick it up from the FedEx Depot! LOL!!
The weather here in Niagara is not been that great lately.
Saturday is the planned date

I bought floor pans for my 53 Chrysler from c2c and they were total pieces of ****. I scrapped some because it was easier to make new.

I had to patch the pin holes in my spare tire well in the same car. I painted the area with POR-15 and placed some fiberglass mat on the wet paint. More POR-15 on top, another layer of mat, more POR-15 and this is what I ended up with. It's as solid as when it was new (maybe even more so). Basically I used POR-15 instead of resin.

2012_0918Stuff0013.jpg

Tape bottom paint top when dry remove tape no more pinholes.
This is actually what i have done with some slightly larger pinholes and yes it works. As for POR15 the reason i use KBS is because it's the same formula but is almost twice the amount of product for a similar price, plus there is a far greater range of products in their catalog.

Of course... a traditional repair would involve pop rivets and a street sign...

Just saying.....

Your trunk floor looks solid. I'd clean it up seal it and paint it to keep it from getting more holes... I don't think it warrants installing a new pan

Some great techniques here, fellas. People are lucky to be able to read this kind of info.

Back