DODGE 1964 custom 880 wagon

Diego1975

Reaction score
Hello, I recently acquired a 1964 Dodge custom 880 wagon, I do not identify which platform is A, B, C, E, help me identify it. Thank you all
dodge.jpg
dodge 2.jpg

Hello, I recently acquired a 1964 Dodge custom 880 wagon, I do not identify which platform is A, B, C, E, help me identify it. Thank you allView attachment 345331 View attachment 345333

Nice car! We include them in our C body family, even though they technically aren't a C body. I'm not sure if they had a letter designation or not. But they were Dodges mid price full size offering the years they were produced.

Technically that's not any of the alphabetic platforms if I am not mistaken. But it's a full size Mopar wagon. You found the right forum!

Thank you, my intention to know the name of the platform is to acquire the parts I need without making a mistake. The power booster are listed for B and E, I know that it did not equip power booster, but I want to install one to improve braking.

Up through 1964 the Custom 880 was a full size car, in 1965 Mopar introduced the "platform" format you refer to and for 65 the Custom 880 was grouped in the 'C' body classification. That said, I don't know the compatibility between the 64 and 65 models although there are a couple guys on here with some beautiful examples that may have some clarification for you.

I, am partial to the 64 , for some reason. Purchased this from the original owner 20 + years ago. I might have a booster , will have to look.
DSC02217.jpg
DSC02206.jpg

Very nice. In terms of parts, cross reference your searches with Chryslers of the same years. Most of the driveline parts should be the same... too much potential for confusion if asking about Dodges or Plymouths, of which most of the other models are smaller...

No letter designation for the full size platform until 1965.

very nice car !
its always cool see one outside of north america that has been looked after so well, it can't have been cheap or easy.

power boosters for the 63 & 64 full size cars are unique to them, new are impossible to to find so best bet is to get a used 1 to be rebuilt.
they do not interchange with any other years or types of mopar. Imperial ones do not interchange either.

Great to see these full-sized wagons (Save the Whales!) alive and well..... in South America, no less. I'd start with a guy named Murray Park (www.cbodies.com) who is the best source to start with for these parts. Good luck, and thanks for sending these photos!

It would be to your advantage to locate an original 1964 Mopar factory parts book. Usually around $150/200.00 but it could save you that much in buying incorrect parts.

Back