For Sale Dodge a100 - $4500 (South Salem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine
Dodge a100
00000_cWD2Ha7p5uW_600x450.jpg

00V0V_1XaG0HwvVLm_600x450.jpg

00505_7RNFb01hzEr_600x450.jpg

00J0J_6CEyAPFMEuR_600x450.jpg

00m0m_d28bjf7Xtqx_600x450.jpg

00u0u_kyaCti1HqW6_600x450.jpg

00l0l_5tVfc7dULzX_600x450.jpg

This is a one of a kind pop up camper style mystery machine.

Features include; A Dodge 360 w/ a 4spd on the colum transmission w/ the reverse under the driver's seat.

Brand new Battery; Starter; Distributor; Spark plug wires; Alternator w/ Regulator; Headlights; Windshield an set tires.

It'll fire right up an drive furthest I've gone was to Silver falls back to Salem. Though it'll need work to be completed. I believe there may be a small oil & radiator leak. With the title clean an in my name. Any questions thanks for your interest.

I would bet it was a real job to pull the slant six and shoe horn a 360 in there, would be curious to see the mount setup.

Dave

I had one of these once. Never again. Couldn't stand the thing. Lousy design and awful to drive.

I had one of these once. Never again. Couldn't stand the thing. Lousy design and awful to drive.
Had to be the I-beam front axle and no power steering Steve. I owned a '66 A-100 5 window pickup for 25 yearz. /6 W/ 727 on the dash. Swapped the 391 rear gear for a 276 and went from 14 MPG to 21 MPG and dropped the RPM by 600 RPMs at 70 MPH. My Junk Yard beater for all those yearz. lol

They came stock with the v8 option. 273 or later ones 318. I have a stock one with 318. 360 is mentioned is a bolt in with v8 brackets and mounts. With radial tires and a tight front end I can drive mine with one hand on the wheel .
20160730_162211.jpg

Years ago, I had a '65 5 window truck with a slant 6 / 727 that I repowered with a 440. Used modified 273 mounts and the swap was pretty simple. It handled fairly well but cooling was a constant issue.

I bought a 2nd gen Ford E100 because "it looked cool"
Driving it home was so miserable, I immediately put it up for sale. Horrible.
A friend of mine bought one when we were in high school, I was not impressed with it. He liked it though. You know what they say... A butt for every seat.

awful to drive
Just the "cabover" experience takes some getting used to. With conventional cars, the driver sits a good distance behind the front axle. However, in my '69 A-108, my butt was on top of the front wheels. I often felt like I was turning corners a little late.

Just the "cabover" experience takes some getting used to. With conventional cars, the driver sits a good distance behind the front axle. However, in my '69 A-108, my butt was on top of the front wheels. I often felt like I was turning corners a little late.
Yo Greg. Does the Great Lakes A-100 Club still rally at Bakers in Milford every spring? I miss that group, ah Great Bunch. Jer

They came stock with the v8 option. 273 or later ones 318. I have a stock one with 318. 360 is mentioned is a bolt in with v8 brackets and mounts. With radial tires and a tight front end I can drive mine with one hand on the wheel . View attachment 258780
That's what I want!!!

I saw a '69 for sale, years ago in Sacramento. Had a 340 in it. By the time I called it was gone!

I always enjoyed that experience!! You see the bump, drive over it, the raise up!! Cool!

I would bet it was a real job to pull the slant six and shoe horn a 360 in there, would be curious to see the mount setup.
Dave

Sorry for the few red X's guys. I didn't realize there were that many A-100 owners here, throw me into the mix as well. 69 van w/a 225 /6, 727, 3:55 gears, it doesn't go fast, it just goes! I love the snot outta mine. It used to be a Sears Service truck. Before & after wheels!

133.JPG
649.JPG
617.JPG

They drove like every other straight axle, king pinned, no sway bar front end of the day. Horrible!!! Lol.

You didn't drive them, you piloted them like a ship. Try to keep the bow between the navigational beacons.

Kevin

They drove like every other straight axle, king pinned, no sway bar front end of the day. Horrible!!! Lol.
My '68 Pick-up has a factory front sway bar, Mine drives well even with "Armstrong" Steering. Still lots of fun and I brought home a Water heater last week
07212013025026.jpg
from Lowes !

You didn't drive them, you piloted them like a ship. Try to keep the bow between the navigational beacons.

Kevin
And what's wrong with that? It make's you HAVE to pay attention to what your doing or you'll die!! None of this pussified crap on cars & trucks of today!

And what's wrong with that? It make's you HAVE to pay attention to what your doing or you'll die!! None of this pussified crap on cars & trucks of today!
Amen ! No Playing on the Damn Phone either !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back