Dodge For The Win!

And a reason why Ford sucks too, lol.

I don't think these were fair races though, an AWD vs a 2WD. Am I wrong?

And a reason why Ford sucks too, lol.

I don't think these were fair races though, an AWD vs a 2WD. Am I wrong?

You’re probably right. A recent Car and Driver test had a Mustang Shelby, Camaro ZL1 about dead even with a Hellcat Challenger.

Seems to me that in this class of racing, what really matters are: tire choice, 2wd or AWD, ambient temp (remember the CAR AND DRIVER test of the Buick GN on a cold winter day in MI?), and how well the driver can drive the vehicle to get the most from it.

Always not too neat for an SUV to beat a sports coupe . . .

Thanks for posting,
CBODY67

Always remember that "marketing" and "advertizing" are 98 precent propaganda. Maybe not actual lies, but at least misrepresented fact. The best example AFAIK is WD40. A nearly useless product "marketed" extrenely well. Shivvy may not be "useless" but owes its success to very successful "marketing". Just my opinion! Lindsay

Saturn Corporation is the ultimate example in auto marketing imo.
Proving marketing can take a nothing car and convince folks it’s something special.
The fact the company never made money or paid for all that development notwithstanding.

Saturn Corporation is the ultimate example in auto marketing imo.
Proving marketing can take a nothing car and convince folks it’s something special.
The fact the company never made money or paid for all that development notwithstanding.
I spoke to a gentleman who worked at Saturn in the beginning.
He said that they were left to their own ideas and concepts, but after a couple of years, they were ‘assimilated’ and the bean counters started calling the shots… An example of this is the header that came on the S series. It was nice and replaced with a cast iron exhaust manifold.
GM later introduced the L series, which was a re-trimmed Opel Vectra and GM ruined it. I rented a Vectra in Germany and it was very nice. I later seen an L200 and it was so cheaply made, disgusting.

Back