dodge monaco

1st, you need to post details about your car, I see by previous posts that you have a 1974. Next, you need to get a service manual. Third, you'll need to remove the heater control from the dash, once out, you'll be able to troubleshoot the issue.

Other's on here may have some good advice based on issues they've had but it will be speculative and all roads will first lead to the three steps outlined above.

Find the water valve the cable controls. Remove the retaining clip and see if the valve moves manually. If it does, it's the control cable that is probably the issue You can also operate the cable to see if it moves freely, too, at this time.

Finding an NOS cable would be nice, if that's what the problem might be. Which leaves removing it and seeking to free it up slowly with some good penetrating oil, which might not attack/deteriorate the cable's plastic (I suspect) sheath.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

1st, you need to post details about your car, I see by previous posts that you have a 1974. Next, you need to get a service manual. Third, you'll need to remove the heater control from the dash, once out, you'll be able to troubleshoot the issue.

Other's on here may have some good advice based on issues they've had but it will be speculative and all roads will first lead to the three steps outlined above.

ty kindly shooter do you know why i cant find a dip stick for this car i lost it and when i go to every store n get one they dont fit is that because its a police package or ?

What "store" are you going to in search of a dipstick? Generally, the ones for the police packages were the same as for normal engines.

CBODY67

What "store" are you going to in search of a dipstick? Generally, the ones for the police packages were the same as for normal engines.

CBODY67
oreillys auto zone advance thier all to long ive d

CBODY67
oreillys advanced the its wierd thier all way to long i need one thats about 14 inches long

FIRST thing is that anything you'll fimd at the auto supply stores will be UNIVERSAL, more than not, even if they might claim to be "exact fit". It's the length of the tube the dipstick slides into that makes the difference, NOT specifically what the block or anything else might be. Although the oil pan might be different, needing an extra quart or somethiung in some cases, they were pretty much the same for many model years, as to capacity.

The engine ol dipstick and the external tube are a matched pair, at the OEM/production level of things.

Might check with Murray Park in OH, with the length of the dipstick tube on your engine, so he might find a used one at his Mopar-oriented salvage yard. IF he'd sell just the dipstick from a good motor.

Engine oil dipsticks are one thing that can be best gotten from a salvage yard, by observation. Especially as getting one from a dealer is not an option any more, typically.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Dusty!!!!! ONE THREAD PLEASE!!! Goddess Gracious!! (6) thread about (1) car.. you’re kill’en me Smalls..

On a less aggravating note. As mentioned above ^^^, all the auto parts stores are going to have universal stuff as these car are 40 plus yrs old. My recommendation, if you’re looking for specific OE parts would be to contact Murray Parks in Ohio. He’s got
everything you’ll ever need for that car.

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

Go order a Mr. Gasket 6924 dip stick from your Oh Really? or VatoZone stores. This one works for all B/RB blocks. I got one for my 383 and it does very nicely. I compared the old dipstick, which has a tube broken at the base, hence the replacement. You might try ePay, Parts Geek or such online sources also. They actually made a half decent stick for this package too.

Back