Does anyone have a '68 Chrysler 4-door with a center console?

bronze turbine

Reaction score
Do these even exist? I'm pretty sure I saw one once. I think it would be cool because of the rarity of it.

There also is or was one here in the Netherlands ....saw it years ago....

Chrysler 300s (2-dr, 4-dr, and conv) had standard bucket seats from 1965-1971, probably earlier, too. They came with either a center console or the center "buddy seat" and fold-down armrest. According to a small inset in the console items illustration in my '67 Chrysler FSM, the console could be had with a column shift, with a small block-off plate where the shifter slot is on the console. THAT would be a rare car, considering that "buckets and console (with floor shifter)" were usually the order of the day. BUT then, too, my '67 CE23 has the buckets, column shift, and buddy seat.

Reference the "Color and Trim Selector" in the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com, for the particular model year of 300, on the spreadsheet page. Also the "order guides" too, to see what was available on each model that model year.

In some respects, the bucket seat option was replaced by the 50-50 Split Bench front seat on the more upscale models. The one in my '70 Monaco Brougham 4drht has wedges in the seat insert on each side of the seat inserts, which add some extra side-support to the seating experience, much like bucket seats usually did.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back