Dome light

1969 300

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size and type of bulb for my 69 300 dome light? Mine is missing, and it gets pretty dark inside...

Have an owner's manual?
Used the book hanging on a chain in the bulb section at AutoZone?
Used an online catalog?

312aiyw.jpg

Took me all of 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the size and type of bulb for my 69 300 dome light? Mine is missing, and it gets pretty dark inside...

If it is a double contact socket it should take a GE #ts68. Its a single element double contact bulb that works off the door jamb switch and/or the headlight/panel light switch.
If you can't find one locally PM me with your mailing address and i'll send you one.

DSC00119 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
It's a #211, Will........... (see above)

bulb-211-cd-2-1.jpg

That looks like the bulb used in a multi function interior light. The type that works off the pamel light/door jamb switch and also has one or more seperate "map" lights that work off integrial switches.

I'm struggling with an issue with one of those right now. I wanted to replace the single socket dome light with one of those nice chrome units with the dome light in the center and seperate map lights on either end that each work off an independent switch in the unit.
I pulled it from a Ford LTD, (but I think ford 12V is the same as mopar 12V). It had two wires leading to it as does the original dome light.

I get the dome light to work but no power to the map lights...... or...... The map lights to work with no power to the dome light. A check with a multi meter shows all the circuits to be ok.....:icon_scratch:

Redneck solution......multi-use the deer hunting equipment.

11158235.jpg

And mine.......
Just about the only thing it has in common with Slabs and Fusies.
And the air cleaner wing nut.

Thanks everyone. I just got the original owners manual that says 551, but I will look for a 211.

Looks like the bulb in my dome light fixture as well.

I'm sure that is the correct bulb for the dome light..... But my convertible dosen't have a dome light, (at least with the top up).

The rear interior lights, (in the trim panels and at the rear of the console had the GE ts68's in them.

Back