Donna wants some new shoes..

"Donna"

Reaction score
So the girl is really nagging me for some new shoes. I keep telling her when taxes come in I'll splurge on some for her. Can you guys help me pick between a few possibilities? She always complains about the over-sized ones she's got. 235 70R15 on 15x7 steel wheels. the fender wells look nice and full but turning does cause a lot of rub. looking at some bias ply, radial just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

I know that she wants some wide whites, but I want to make sure if I have to buy some 14" steelies or if I can stick with the 15" ones on it. what size(s) should I shoot for? I found a possible one, H78-15?
293930_10150269843117817_728032816_7636558_6135353_n.jpg

It's a stripper.
Period correct would be blackwalls or normal whitewalls.
People around here know my feelings about cross generation inbreeding...
The RWL gotta go, too.

the Kelly's are they what came on the car when I bought it, I've grown to like them, especially since they're 30 year old tires. but the real question I wanted to be answered was what size bias ply tires do I get.

the Kelly's are they what came on the car when I bought it, I've grown to like them, especially since they're 30 year old tires. but the real question I wanted to be answered was what size bias ply tires do I get.

Why would you torture yourself and the car with bias ply tires? Put some new suspension parts on her including rear springs, four doors look good with raised whites, white walls or black walls........Stans out to lunch on this one.
Stay with the 15's if you go to 14's you'll eventually have trouble finding tires

She always complains about the over-sized ones she's got. 235 70R15 on 15x7 steel wheels. the fender wells look nice and full but turning does cause a lot of rub​

293930_10150269843117817_728032816_7636558_6135353_n.jpg
I don't get it. I have 225/70/15s on my 68 Monaco with no issues. Yours are not that much wider.

I want Bias ply because I'm very particular about the look of the car. the white wall radials, any width, looks too modern and cookie cutter-ish.

alright I was just playing it safe with the 14" comment. but seriously, what size! I'll make the final decision on sidewall color when I get the cash in my hand (tax return) but for now I'd like an answer for what size to shop for.

I dont have a slab side but I stand by my original statement. If shes rubbing I'd tighten up the suspension first. Shes got some unwanted sway, get her back up off the ground and then hunt for a tire wheel combo. If your looking for the slammed look you may need to get a wheel with a wider back spacing to handle a wider wheel..

Well these are the stock wheels, so if I just go ahead and get the recommended size tire clearance wouldn't be as bad. And I do plan on raising it up in the front, it sits at a slight rake.

And its rubbing? :parts book:
the PO turned the torsion bars all the way down
that's why; I addressed that.

I just wanna know what size tire! simple! C-body guys, flip to a '68 service manual, its near the back, it should say "blank" reccomended tire size in a nice chart. That is all I'm asking for.

:gah:

Back