Donny's 1970 300

Donny

Reaction score
Ok, looks like I am the first poster to this new forum in this section of Members Restorations! Cool!! :eusa_clap: :upside down:

Now, could the Admins move my same-named thread over on B Bodies over here?

The current 'thoughts' I have for the 300 is the flex in the frame/chassis. It's a uni-body car, similar rear frame rails to our B Body cars, but the K member/front frame rails on this car is one piece, bolted on via 4 large bolts mounted in rubber -- to give it that floating feeling cars of this era had, and people desired. The thing that bothers me is the said flex of the car. When I put the car on my lift and raise it, the front top of the fenders opens up a mm or so, and the bottom closes the same distance reflecting the flexing of the car!

So, I've been thinking, and I don't think there is anything out there; frame connectors for C body cars! I'm studying it, and may mock up some, and, if they pass my own critical mass testing (I'm my own worst critic) I may just license them, and put the word out there! However, making them fit looks like a task; I'd want to keep the removability of the front K member on this C body cars, doing so looks like it's a challenge vs over on our B Body cars.

When I first heard about the rubber bushings after I got my Polara convertible 9 years ago I was suprised because the sub frame on convertible Polaras was attached by the factory to the body using nothing more than heavy steel shim washers. This may be the simplist solution.

Sounds like a good plan. I wonder if you could actually build them so the front part goes between the sub frame and body. That way you could still remove the sub, and still have some extra support.

Also, not sure that threads can be moved from one site to another. I'll ask Joey for ya.

Sounds like a good plan. I wonder if you could actually build them so the front part goes between the sub frame and body. That way you could still remove the sub, and still have some extra support.

Also, not sure that threads can be moved from one site to another. I'll ask Joey for ya.

is there an echo in here? lol

Well, the old thread over at B Bodies can't be moved, I asked, and he said nope...So, should I recreate it here? Likely not, likely just pick up where that one left off, and resume where I am now.

I hired my friend to come over and rewire it, rewire the **** I did, and I admit it that I am a bone head on wires, it's not my thing -- we all have our things -- this ain't one of mine. Well, we're making progress, one hr a night after he gets out of wrenching on MOPARS all day. I'm going to Media Blast his Engine Bay on his D100, and depending how much time he puts in over on the 300 he has a good 383 which will come to me also -- may need to do some more blasting on other parts to make it even? LOL

Here's a recent pic of my 300, took it outside, washed it off of dust, blew out the dust from the inside, took stock of where I am; still looks kind of clean after all these years off the road; last time I had it registered was 1984!
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/[ATTACH=full]99586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]99586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]99589[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]99587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]99588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]99590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]99591[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 106
the wiring is getting sorted out, should be firing this baby up for the first time on a new motor this coming or next week.

It's the same engine; just .30 overbore, .10 down on the crank journals, re-done heads, and 10.1 pistons (think they may be too much). New cam and lifters and all...check the Donny's 300 thread over at forbbodiesonly.com for more of this thread, actually before this site was made the b body site was all that was there.

Look forward to your updates. The car looks to be very worthy of rescue. Also being electrically challenged I'm always looking to learn. What is your friend doing with the wiring? Hope you leave the colour as is since nothing says late 60's and early 70's like that shade of green. If it was mine the tail pipes would get tucked up under the rear bumper. My .02

there's a tail panel valence the covers down on those pipes, and if they are too long, I'll trim 'em back.

Yeah, Wayne (wiring guy) knows what he's doing, he's super MOPAR smart, which is good!

If I was not up to my eyeballs in this Camaro, I'd be all over the 300, should be hitting it tomorrow for a bit more...

Ignition Control Module; fried it up on an earlier hair-brained scheme; gotta get a new one! But, it's been a LONG time since I heard that distinctive whine of a MOPAR starting...spinning the 10.1 440 HP motor; that alone was worth it!

Back