dont buy Proform Electric Fans!

Knebel

Reaction score
So im driving my kiddos to school this morning.... everying as usual, temp just fine in the middle, little traffic and I hear my fan kick on....

About 2/3 of the way to the school i noticed the gauge climbing up while sitting at lights. Well, the darn fan crapped out. I dropped them off and started probing around with my DMM. My fan thermostat klicks on the relay and the fan gets 12v but just wont spin. The thing is 1year and 3 months old and just out of warranty.
Dont buy the cheap proform fans, they seem to be junk. I didnt have an issue cruising home, as long as i was moving but of course every light is red and takes forever so I came into the parking lot like a steamtrain.

Do you use a fan on the engine or just the electric? I have a flex fan, I think, and a fan I pirated from a 92 Bonneville. blows air like a son of a b*#+h! Wired up a switch so it's manual. Also have a Jegs universal aluminum radiator. I don't have a temp gauge, but the car runs fine and doesn't overheat.

I have DIY shroud with the 16" electric fan and it jused to cool it just fine (if its not 120F outside). I just saw that I had a loose wire on the fan but it could alsoo be that the motor of the fan crapped out when it gets hot... who knows, i will test

Back