Don't trust your Mopar to the graveyard.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1449534368651553/

Found this last night. I guess someone isn't happy with the work they had done at GYC.

10570292_10202635152580125_599972910753157000_n.jpg

10559742_10202546664527979_8281852056620144450_n.jpg

Have fun reading. Lack of paragraphs his;

Rex M. Wilson II Runs, overspray, tape lines things assembled wrong, things left off, Body lines that are off. He acts like because the car had a lot of filler and the sheet metal work underneath was "cobbled together" that it's ok for them to send me back a poorly assembled,
poorly prepped, poorly painted car. He said the car is a thousand times better than it was. I'm sure that the welds and the amount of filler in the car are better now. I understand that the car had a lot of issues under the skin. He says since it is a repair and not a restoration he only has to to make it as good as it was before the accident. He thinks it's better. I told him on the phone the first time I talked to him that the whole car seemed to have a layer of filler over it. I guess he assumed that since the car had these issues that it was just a big POS and that I would be happy with whatever came back. The fact is that the car may have had issues under the skin, you would not have ever guessed it looking at it. The right front fender was ugly, I freely admit, I was hit ten days after I bought the car and it was quickly repaired for a show and the paint that had been mixed didn't match and there was trash in the paint because we painted it outside and finished at about 10:30 at night the day before the show. I had not had time to refinish it before I was hit the second time. The deck lid had been repainted because a Go wing had been installed and removed and inthe right light you could kinda see where the wing had been and the color was very slightly off but, hardly noticeable. The rest of the car had one of the nicest paint jobs I've seen. The car was assembled properly. It looked great and I had no complaints. I knew it had been hit it the right front when I bought it but bought it anyway because it was hard to tell and it was the best looking '70 Charger I had ever seen in person. The paint was like glass. Every body shop I took it to to get estimates on the fender complimented the shop that restored it for doing such a beautiful job on the paint and body and that they really knew what they were doing. a couple evan admitted they probably couldn't make the fender look as good as the rest of the car. Now the car has so many quality issues I don't know where to begin. There is a twelve inch run in the drivers door and a six inch one in the passenger front fender. The passenger quarter top body line has tape line all the way down it and ends at the door with a 1 inch run. The deck lid has waves in it but was comparable to how it was so, I guess I could have lived with that. I half an inch body gap at the front of the deck lid that can't be removed is not acceptable. The deck lid doesn't close properly at the right corner and would not be able to be adjusted out without some work on that quarter panel. The trunk light switch is missing the wires were roolled up and painted green. The rear speaker looks like a chia pet because of all the metal shavings stuck to the magnet it has green overspray all over it. The rear window defroster is about to fall off and has green over spray all over it. He trued to blame that on the poorly done paint work on the car before. It was not. I know, I had been in the trunk before looking at the defroster because I hadn't seen one on a Charger before and I was curious. Neither quarter panel is shaped properly and the left side of the car is wider, sail panel to body top crease than the right. There is trash in the paint, pin holes in the body filler and paint. The left door scoop has a chip at the top and doesn't sit flush at the bottom. The rear seat back sits an inch above the rear speaker shelf. There is primer overspray on the A pillar interior trim. They painted the power window wiring in the door jamb. They installed front outboard seat belts (reatactable) in the rear and vice versa. The rear interior quarter trim and carpet are not under the tim piece like they should be. This was something I fixed on the car, literally the night before the accident. There is still a buckle in the firewall that I specifically told him was there and evan asked him about later and he said was fixed. He said they replaced the drivers floor pan. They did not. It still has a buckle and some new dents where someone has been hitting it with a hammer. The right rocker is a half an inch higher than the fender but the fender is evan everywhere else. The left exhaust tip fell off in the road the second day back. They were welded on before. now they are clamped. I had a wing nut on the air cleaner I liked because I thought it kinda looked like the old Dodge emblem. it was in the ashtray and factory correct one installed but, here's the funny part, I had a factory replica battery that was an Absorbent glass Mat AGM battery internally instead of lead acid. It's gone and in it's place is the cheapest looking battery I've ever seen in my life. The parking brake lever release handle is bent at a 90 degree angle straight down. it was not bent in the accident. There is a crack in the glove box door. The rear window interior trim does not sit flush and they tried to glue it in place. Every screw in the front headliner trim is at an angle other than straight and they are oversized. The right front fender inner liner that keeps debris out of the door jamb is missing. the jack was in the car when it left. The base is all they sent back. The door panels had obviously been damaged in the accident they did nothing with those. The gas gauge worked before the accident but doesn't now. The headlight motor worked before the accident. The headlights were on when I was hit. They closed when I shut them and the car off after I was hit. The next time I turned them on the doors came up but would not go back down. The month I drove it after the accident, They would alway's come up but I would have to manually close them. Now they don't come up or go down. There is a crack in the dash pad on the passenger side I put there having to crawl in and out of the passenger side fir a month while The insurance companies decided what to do. I think that should be covered. Every time I look at the car I see something wrong I didn't notice before. I know there are things I'm forgetting here. I'll post them as I think of them and as I notice more and I know I will.

I ain't reading ALL that %$#@.
You got something to say, be half intelligent about it.

500 blah-blah-blahs all in a disconnectedd run-on...

I'll come back when the meth wears off....

I'm not sure what I think. The car obviously had some issues before the accident. I seen photos and video of it after the accident and it was hit hard. It sounds like the owner went through an insurance company for repairs, so that begs a lot of questions. Insurance companies like to fix **** cheap with cheap parts. I would like to know if the owner kicked in extra cash to resolve any of the issues the car had before the accident. I'm just not sure if the guy is getting totally screwed or if the car was just a piece of **** to start with that needed more money thrown at it.

Wading through that rant, I say #2.
Owner wanted restoration for collision repair price.
Got an honest collision repair.
Whine.

I wonder if the original writer caught the WAAAAAmbulance. He should have.

And you're right - most people these days have ZERO idea on how to write a legible paragraph(s). I read maybe 25% of that before giving up.

I seem to recall somewhere in the group the car originally went across the block at BJ for $50K. Then was hit twice and the insurance company paid $30K for the repairs.

Wading through that rant, I say #2.
Owner wanted restoration for collision repair price.
Got an honest collision repair.
Whine.

Thats the way I was leaning until I went to the Facebook link and started reading and looking at the photos. If I owned that Charger, it would be back at Whelbys through their freaking front window. Missing some trim retainers is one thing, but putting the rear drum hardware together wrong and the brakes fall apart, no nut on the leaf spring eye bolt, the rear quarters are way out of whack, it goes on and on. 30,000 seems cheap to repair that much damage, but the car looks to be repaired by a damn six year old. I know it's one side of the story, but when there is photo proof and text messages that screen captured and posted from Mark (or his shop anyway)......well, I am swinging more to the owners side. I've thought a lot about having this situation happen to me. Most of us know I am sinking way more money into my Polara than it's worth money wise. My body shop bill has reached 20K. I often think of the day I pick it up and something isn't right. For what I have spent, I expect perfection being it's just a shell being worked on.

Quite honestly, that rant was so bad I couldn't make it to the part about any shoddy workmanship. Ok. One for the ranter.
But I'm still leaning the other way.

Posted via Topify on Android

Best thing to do in cases like this is write a pithy negative review on Google, Yelp, etc. Like the one I wrote about my ex-wife's attorney:

He represented my ex wife and disrespected me and my attorney. He sabotaged a mediated settlement over the issue of his personal fees. Other than that he's a delight.

Quite honestly, that rant was so bad I couldn't make it to the part about any shoddy workmanship. Ok. One for the ranter.
But I'm still leaning the other way.

Posted via Topify on Android

Yeah, the way in which he rants puts me against him right away also. But after reading and looking at pictures my pendulum swung more his way. There is still another side to it of course, but now I can see why he's so pissed off he can't compose a paragraph. The car is a twenty footer now at best. Perhaps that's the way it was prior to the wreck as well, however I do believe that after the repairs that at least the rear end of that car should appear brand new. Missing hardware all over that car is what baffles me. There has to be a coffee can full of left over **** for that car somewhere.

I read through the stuff on Facebook and it appears Worman is willing to give the guy $10k cash and he has not seen the car since it left the shop, so I have to say there's some truth to the claims.

It worries me... My late friend's car is there and it would be a shame if that gets screwed up.

I read through the stuff on Facebook and it appears Worman is willing to give the guy $10k cash and he has not seen the car since it left the shop, so I have to say there's some truth to the claims.

It worries me... My late friend's car is there and it would be a shame if that gets screwed up.

10K wouldn't hardly begin to right how wrong that car is backhalfed in my limited experience. I'm interested to see how all this unfolds.

If it was a C body we'd all be thanking God it was saved. Another whining muscle car guy that can't fix it himself. Look at what Nick did with that Fury vert, or the extensive rust repair on the Bluesmobile being done in their own garages. THAT's what I respect.

If it was a C body we'd all be thanking God it was saved. Another whining muscle car guy that can't fix it himself. Look at what Nick did with that Fury vert, or the extensive rust repair on the Bluesmobile being done in their own garages. THAT's what I respect.

I think it's more a whining muscle car guy that didn't look at the work before he drove it out of the shop.

No, 'vette owners wouldn't know that you need a nut on the leaf spring eyebolt. Or that fuel lines shouldn't be resting on the exhaust.... I could go on but I digress.

Something told me almost immediately that I would never have taken anything to them. In that respect I'm happy to be a do it yourselfer.

Back