Door Lock Question

I finally got it fixed.
There is a rivet through the arm with the tab that engages the latching and lock mechanism.
That rivet had loosened.
I took the latch mechanism out of the door and was able to peen the rivet head and tighten everything up.
Got it all back together and it works great.
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Now if I can just get those seatbelts installed.....

Thank you very, very much! That's just what i needed.

When i attempted to replace my locks in both doors, i found the connecting rod missing...in both doors. So i didn't have an idea how these rods looked like.

Anyone who know where i can buy new rods and the holding clips?

Thanks in advance; and to wihaltom, excuse me for hijacking your thread :icon_cool:

I really can't help you but I took some pictures of the lock mechanism and can see if at some point someone didn’t re-install them correctly or as you can see from the photo that the lock linkage can not be switched but maybe it is some how twisted around the door button linkage.

View attachment 9100View attachment 9099

When i attempted to replace my locks in both doors, i found the connecting rod missing...in both doors. So i didn't have an idea how these rods looked like.

Thanks in advance; and to wihaltom, excuse me for hijacking your thread :icon_cool:

Oh, I don't think of it as hijacking.
These guys are a wealth of knowledge and it's a great pleasure to learn from them.:sSig_thanks:

I love the picture with the BB in the background!!!

:sFl_america2:

I love the picture with the BB in the background!!!

:sFl_america2:

That's the Texas in the background.
I love going on that ship.
It's hard to imagine being 1 of 1800 men on there.
It must have been really crowded.
And when they had a fire mission, I bet the noise was all but unbearable.

I had 24 M110A2 8" Howitzers in my Battalion. I had 25 of them in Iraq, they gave us a float for backup. Back up my ***, we shot that one too. The noise was unbelievable with a Battalion ONE fire mission!

I just can't imagine being on the deck with 9 each 16" guns firing! One of my Navy friends that was on the New Jersey told me that the BB slides 100 yards when they fire all the 16's. That's impressive!!!!

I take tons of pictures when ever I take something apart. I am luck to have a virtually unmolested car everthing is there just some things need replaced.

I know this vendor will ship overseas. http://www.cbodies.com/carsparts2.htm I am sure he has what you need.

I would send him an e-mail, if you don't get a responds drop him another line. Feel free to use the pictures I posted, in fact I would highly recommend the pictures to avoid confusion. If you have any problems reaching him send me a PM and I help out in contacting him. He may not want to open a file from overseas. Feel free to use my name too, which might get you a quicker response, my name is Mike Madden.

I had 24 M110A2 8" Howitzers in my Battalion. I had 25 of them in Iraq, they gave us a float for backup. Back up my ***, we shot that one too. The noise was unbelievable with a Battalion ONE fire mission!

I just can't imagine being on the deck with 9 each 16" guns firing! One of my Navy friends that was on the New Jersey told me that the BB slides 100 yards when they fire all the 16's. That's impressive!!!!

I was an RTO in Vietnam. We had a fire mission with the New Jersey once.
That was a real experience, with radio relays back and forth to talk to the ship and then seeing those rounds come over us, looked as big as Volkswagens.
I was amazed at the accuracy of their system. We only had to adjust the PI about 10 meters.
They were about 35 miles out from us and every round was exactly where it was needed.

The 8" guns that I had were unbelievably accurate. They could put a 205 lb projo inside of a trash can at 20km's every shot. When President Reagan told the Russians that "we use tactical battlefield nukes in Europe" during the Cold War he was specifically talking about 8" M110A2 Howitzers.

m-110a2-dvic498.jpg

M110A2_Howitzer_Breech_Near_View_20111112.jpg

Back