Door Seal question for my 1973 New Yorker Brougham

73 New Yorker

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the door seals from a 2 door 1970 Imperial will work in a 2 door 1973 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham? Thanks guys

I think the door dimensions are the same but they were developed by different engineering departments. 1973 New Yorker has a 124" wheelbase vs 1970 Imperial has a 127" wheelbase. Even the front legroom is a little different (41.7 NY vs 41.9 Imp) and imp interior door skin has more padding/insulation. If price is good, I'd try it. Door seal should fit but may have some goofy little changes like less fasteners which might not line up and not be identical.

Last edited:
The 1973 cars were an update of the 69-71 cars so all the sheet metal was different. I don't think 70 Imperial seals will work. You would need to check the p/n's to be sure

The 1973 cars were an update of the 69-71 cars so all the sheet metal was different. I don't think 70 Imperial seals will work. You would need to check the p/n's to be sure
the door seals on the door would be the same, but since the roof line was changed id imagine the roof rail seals would be different because of the different rear side window shape

Back