Door whisker question *Window Channel Run*

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Had to roll up the windows today as i got caight in the rain.

Notice the passenger rear quarter glass didnt seat right against the door glass. No biggy as ive jad it out so i assumed i needed adjustment. However i noticed the passenger glass also didnt sit right amd meed the be lifted about 1/8" in the rear.

Ok so i digs in to figure out my adjustments and noticed the felt in the vent window channel to door glass is missing on the passenger door.

Question is, where do I find new ones? *Edit* Window Channel Run..

TIA.

Last edited:
These guys make the Top Cat cat whiskers for everyone selling them. Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc.

They seem to be best to call rather than buy over the web. If you don't see a listing, call them. They might have them or will use your old ones as a pattern.

20190823_221023.jpg
All i have for old ones is the clear platic channel the originals were in.

Measure your channel width and length and go knock on JCWhitnys Door. They've got that stuff and for cheap. Then go hit your local partz store for a tube of 3M glue either Yellow or Black. A scrap of flat 3/32" wood under lament(leuon Plywood) to bottom the the fuzzy in the channel after you put the glue on it and leave it set for ah bit. OH, You do know about those little 6" steel handle plumbers brushes for $5 per 100 @ H. F. don't you? The tight wad haz spake, Jer

Ok so heres what I ended up doing. Looked at the original upper guides and took some measurements.

20191119_123703_HDR.jpg

Then i found a huge block of delrin i had hiding. Cut a smaller block closer to the measurements of the uppers. Made a spacer for hole in the window and a stainless pin.

20191124_144637_HDR.jpg

Put it all together with the original uppers up top where they go. Home made jobbers in the bottom. Epoxied the spacer in the glass and epoxied the delrin to the pin. All rides smooth as well glass. No more rattles.

Back