Dorman swaybar

Knebel

Reaction score
Does anyone have expierience with a dorman 927-206 rear swaybar? It is supposed to fit my 68 fury and is only about $90. Its a 3/4 inch diameter.

Is it worth the price? Does it really fit? Its really tempting compared to the $200 Pst version.

Any input appreciated!

Does anyone have expierience with a dorman 927-206 rear swaybar? It is supposed to fit my 68 fury and is only about $90. Its a 3/4 inch diameter.

Is it worth the price? Does it really fit? Its really tempting compared to the $200 Pst version.

Any input appreciated!
I can't find anywhere that says it fits a 68 Fury.
I think that sway bar is an A or B-body item...

The listing on ebay says it will fit a Fury with a 318 or a 440. Also says it will fit a Dart with a 225, so I am no help.

Thats why i am asking here, confusing info about this item. Are the a body swaybars more narrow than the c?

There is also a 927_199 part number which says it will fit the front.

Says it's used on B and C-bodies.

Are B and C-body front sway bars interchangeable?

Your Parts Book would give you that info.

Very Interesting, so Dorman has their stuff labeled wrong? That sux, would have saved a couple of bucks...

I believe these are frame mounted (which is the correct way) and the attatchment to the rearend is done with strut rods to a bracket u bolted around the axel tube so it can adjust, not locked into spring perch location making it universal. 1966-69 b bodies and up to 1972 a bodies have the same swaybar dimensions width, bends, length ect.. Cheap upgrade for your a body grab a bar of that 2bbl a/c b body it fits and is bigger diameter, I did.

Any input appreciated!

Go with Firm Feels rear sway bar. It's pricey @ $399, but IMO totally worth it! Like the saying goes.... "you get what you pay for"

I was going to go with the Addco from Summit... then thought about PST's (but looked just like the Addco).... but settled for Firm Feels and glad I did. I contacted PST to inquire about their bar and asked if I could see the installation instructions as I wanted to see how it was mounted. I was told no instructions were available for me to see and "we've sold many with no complaints".

I did not get the warm fuzzies with that answer and didn't want to spend $$ only to have to return it on my dime. I contacted Firm Feel, got my questions answered, purchased and have no regrets.

http://www.firmfeel.com/c_body_mopar_rear_sway_bar.html

2015-09-05 10.57.47.jpg

2015-09-05 10.58.20.jpg

2015-09-05 10.58.20.jpg

2015-09-05 10.57.47.jpg

I'm a fan of Firm Feel products, quality items and the people I've talked to have always been helpful.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-75960-927-206.aspx

Suspension Stabilizer Bar. 927-206. SHARE: Sway Bar Kit Rear. Application Summary: Dodge 1976-63, Plymouth 1976-62. Check Your Fit .

Back