Doug's D452 Headers in a 65 Fury RB Block

65Fury440

Reaction score
Just some pics to document what it takes to make these work.
The driver's side fit great OOTB, the passenger not so much.
It took moving 3 out of 4 pipes.
The first effort to install was to make some dents. While they would fit, it looked like crap.
Anyone wanting to go to a 2" header may want to look at different offering to start with.
The torsion bar has plenty of room on either side for the tubes, but they go down right on top of the bar..
A few J pipes later, they are fixed. There is absolutely no joy in chopping up a brand new ceramic coated header. Now to take them to a buddy to tig weld them up, then find a ceramic coater to redo them. Here's what I ended up with.

The last pic shows kinda sorta where the pipes contact the T bar. The front tube was originally inside the T bar, now it it outside.

20170903_143800_resized.jpg
20170904_110033_resized.jpg
20170904_110409_resized.jpg

headersfit.jpg

Last edited:
I have never put a set of Doug's on a mopar but we put a set on a 74 GTO (Ventura/Nova) with a 467 Poncho stroker and they fit beautifully. Is the D452 for a RB 65 C-body?

Why is the passenger side so far off? What does the application say it fits?

I just googled the D452, it's a B-body header say's NO C-body's, that's why he had to modify it. I guess the cost of making a 65 Fury fast.

Nice work but it would be heartbreaking to cut them
Thanks Dave.
Yea it sucked to cut apart the most expensive header I've ever bought. Then had to buy a sander to fit all the cuts.
Between the headers, TTI exhaust, J bends, 3.5" collector reducers, and 3" elbows this exhaust costs a ridiculous amount.

Why is the passenger side so far off? What does the application say it fits?

The headers on the car before were for a B body and fit fine.
These had the most similar pipe routing so thought they would be the best candidate.....

I just googled the D452, it's a B-body header say's NO C-body's, that's why he had to modify it. I guess the cost of making a 65 Fury fast.

Being the eternal optimist, I thought "how far off can they be?" LOL.

Ill post a video of how it sounds when I get this sucker together.

Hopefully this info will help someone in the future, I could not find any info on a 2" header that works yet.

Between the headers, TTI exhaust, J bends, 3.5" collector reducers, and 3" elbows this exhaust costs a ridiculous amount.
I got the full system from time, but they are 1 7/8

Hopefully this info will help someone in the future, I could not find any info on a 2" header that works yet.
Once again tti, I had to shim the passenger side of the engine but my stub frame is not straight, hopefully they fall right in once I put my other stub frame in. Other than the frame issue they fit well. An aftermarket idler arm that I used had the grease zert in the way, stock would work fine.

Just wanted to update some impressions for anyone interested.

The TTI 3"system fit great. Those guys have their act together.
I did my first test ride yesterday.

TTI offers the Dynomax super turbo mufflers. They are way quieter than the 40 series. The in cabin drone is gone, huge improvement.

The larger headers and exhaust give more bottom end torque (I was surprised) and more top end.
Jumping on it in first gear from 2k rpms before would spin the 275s but not blow them off.
Now doing the same thing just roasts them, big diff.

Going from the 1 3/4" to 2" primaries also leaned out the fuel curve to what feels about perfect. It was a touch rich at cruise before, now cruising anywhere from 1700 rpm up to 3000 is high 14s low 15s, seems good.

I'm happy with the end result, but, it wasn't cheap. All said and done it was almost 2k.
At this point, it's almost laughable how much money I have managed to put into my car.
It sure is a riot to drive though, I love it.

Last edited:
Did you get the C body headers? Mine were 1 7/8" primaries, or so I thought. Yeah, it cost me $10 more than I paid for the car to get my exhaust, but well worth it. I plan on buying an exhaust system for my Dart, as I already have a used set of their headers. That's good it worked out for you, my car is "twisted" so mine didn't go together quite so smooth, but it went in after a little fidgeting.

Back