Dragged another one home

boostedvan

Reaction score
I had a buddy tell me about a Newport he knew of that might be for sale so I went to check it out. It turned out to be a 1970 with buckets/console, AM 8-track, A/C, power windows and a few other options. It has been off the road since the late 80's and is a one family owned car, the father ordered it new and his son inherited a few years back when his Dad passed away.
The car has some good points and some bad points as I'm sure you can see. The 383 is locked up, the firewall is crispy in some areas, the interior is a hot mess, under the rear window is rotten and lets water into the interior. On the other side the 1/4's, trunk, stubframe and floors are rock solid. The bumpers and chrome are super nice on it as well. It came with a bunch of spare parts in the trunk including a collection of decent washer bottles, Window switches, dash pieces, two sets of deluxe hubcaps, spare vinyl top trim, etc.
I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with it as of right now. I gave it a bath and pulled the nasty carpet out of it for the time being. Not too sure on the fate of it yet, but it will probably end up being reference car and parts donor for my 300.

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

595370975(1) (1).jpg

595370989(1) (1).jpg

595375751(1).jpg

595375790(1) (1).jpg

Lots of goodies there. Congrats!
Is that your Dart parked next to it?

Thank you, its a mixed bag kind of car at best. The car beside it is a 66 Canadian Valiant which is a US Dart with Plymouth badging.

The tow truck is my buddies that I borrow when I need to pick up stuff.

That’s a cool car with all those options, and DY3 is a great and understated color.

I’d try to make it a car again.

Back