Drivers pan replacement issue

mag162

Reaction score
I was able to replace both passenger pans and now I’m up to the drivers pan. The replacement pan I picked up on here doesn’t include the ebrake portion.
Has anyone ever just eliminated the ebrake on their car?
What would be any issues I would run into?

Here are some pics.
Any ideas

74BEE329-DC77-401C-A121-E07B4A4F6C52.jpeg

27743ED5-8D0B-40DA-A311-69DBE84A5DFB.jpeg

0B2DAAD8-66BD-484B-9812-D04E130A56F4.jpeg

Well... I definitely would try to mock something up for the e-brake which is more of a parking brake and likely wouldn't stop you very quickly if it did at all if you had to try to use it in a panic stop in the case of loss of brakes.
Looks good with the patch panel you have sitting there:thumbsup:

I was able to replace both passenger pans and now I’m up to the drivers pan. The replacement pan I picked up on here doesn’t include the ebrake portion.
Has anyone ever just eliminated the ebrake on their car?
What would be any issues I would run into?
First issue would not getting the car through NYS inspection.

Not that every tech checks it.... just that it's supposed to be there and don't depend on them not checking it.

I think the patch panel is sitting a little forward and high. You can’t go by the e brake boot, the cutout is much smaller. Take off the boot and re adjust your panel, I think you will find it fits right. FWIW, removing the e brake will cause more issues than its worth, I’d leave it in place.

if you take the screw out of the cable boot. it will slide up leaving an oval shaped hole in the floor to work with. take a look under the pan before you cut. there is another cable guide plus a couple of braces you don't want to cut through.

Back