Driving them is the best part of owning them

JPMODL

Reaction score
Enjoyed driving the 65 300 this weekend. Off through the Wisconsin countryside looking for Halloween decorations.

Taking the 70 300 this weekend and doing the same but with the top down.

Car shows are great but I have come to appreciate the drive more.
MVIMG_20180915_153613.jpg

Driving is the best part, makes me smile even if the car is acting up.
People are pretty annoying. Maybe not with a C body but the B and E body with the my friend /uncle/ sister, whatever had one with a Hemi in it yeah whatever. They made 86 Hemi Challenger's if all of them are correct I have met every one who knew every owner.
I really got to get a C body. The stress of owning the others is too much.

Totally agree, if they are just garage art they are a waste of money. The worst thing you can do to an old car is not use it.

car show.jpeg

Totally agree, if they are just garage art they are a waste of money. The worst thing you can do to an old car is not use it.

View attachment 214012

That view looks familiar.

The Monaco just rolls right over the speed bumps in my sub.
My new Charger has to crawl over them or it goes airborne.

If you live in an urban area, it's about timing, and route planning. Weekend afternoons SEEM pleasant, but the Capital Beltway is worse than a weekday rush hour. Late at night SEEMS peaceful, but that's when the REALLY bad drivers are at their worst.....

Weekday evenings (except Friday) are good times also. A lot of former country roads have been replaced with so-called 6-lane so-called "parkways," which are no more than high speed stop-and-go, with l-o-n-g stoplight signals, making them stressful, yet tedious to drive on; and have to be avoided when crowded.....

I manage to find pleasant cruising sometimes, though.....

Last edited:
100% agree about the driving aspect...it is quite the stress reliever to hit the open road, talk to strangers at gas stations and grocery store parking lots, etc... about my Oldsmobiles.:rofl:Anyhoo, I'm not a wrencher so acquiring them first and exercising them is my small part to keep them from sitting, collecting dust or getting rubber rot. I have to leave the mechanical/body /paint to the experts. Plus, I have soft baby-hands.

If you live in an urban area, it's about timing, and route planning. Weekend afternoons SEEM pleasant, but the Capital Beltway is worse than a weekday rush hour, but at sunrise is nicer. Late at night SEEMS peaceful, but that's when the REALLY bad drivers are at their worst.....

Weekday evenings (except Friday) are good times also. A lot of former country roads have been replaced with so-called 6-lane so-called "parkways," which are no more than high speed stop-and-go, with l-o-n-g stoplight signals, making them stressful, yet tedious to drive on.

I manage to find pleasant cruising sometimes, though.....
Yeah, it really depends where you live. Driving an old car can be super stressful in a city.

Living in a small rural community is a blessing. From my garage to township or county roads is less than a mile, one stop sign and non-existent traffic. Cruisin' these roads is awesome.....fields, forest, lakes, streams etc. Occasional farm implements, horse and buggies all taken in stride. We can still find mom and pop country bars that serve great food and ice cream stands.

WAIT....this is all a dream, it's not real!!! Pay no attention..nothing here of interest, go back to your reality. This place doesn't exsist!!!!!

Driving is great. The thing about shows is talking with different folks.

You see different people? The one's I've been to are the same old guys week in and week out bitching about the same thing week in and week out. I can see that on Fox news or CNN.

Cut the top off that thing and weld it back up drive it in with goggles because you're waiting on glass to be made. Come in with grinder marks on it where you've been working on it to fix something the previous owner didn't do right. Drive the damn thing in a cloud of smoke because you tried to replace valve cover gaskets and failed miserably. Go for an actual drive. Something.
No one does anything interesting with their cars, they buy them, and putter down to the show, putter back home park them 'til next week when they do the same thing. Meh.

Besides the fact down here everything at the shows is either bow tie or oval.

Last edited:
i dont enjoy driving anymore at all :( it has become so overpopulated here that any time of the day, any day of the week there is traffic. I am currently fixing a stalling situation and can never really take my car out and try because there is just too much traffic everywhere. its annoying. Maybe at 3 or 4am would work...

Stressful urban drving is why unloved sedans exist (although this one is a hardtop).

Vintage car for sale - $3500(Westland, MI) hide this posting
image 1 of 3
00Q0Q_9E08jC6lz2R_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_9E08jC6lz2R_50x50c.jpg
00000_887giPZJu4S_50x50c.jpg
00X0X_buEsEe5tle4_50x50c.jpg

1975 chrysler newport

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 19000