Dropping off some items to power coat.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't got much done on Goldie this weekend. I had my second eye surgery. I'm not suppose to work until Wednesday. Based on my last surgery that is about right. It took me all day yesterday to make a list of things to check while I was at the shop. I am going to powder coat a few items on the engine: valve cover, air cleaner, fan, and miscellaneous brackets.

I have things boxed up and ready for delivery tomorrow, weather permitting. I have my engine paint color sample dried to match up the powder for the valve covers.

Valve covers.sm.jpg

Valve covers.sm.jpg

Well the valve covers never got powder coated, custom color match not in the budget. Here are several of the items I dropped off. I couldn't be happier.

IMG_20140325_171355683.jpg

IMG_20140325_171355683.jpg

That is nice work. I had one guy that was reasonable, but he has gotten slower than molasses.

Very nice Mike. What finish did you ask for? Looks about right and not over shiney

It is a nice satin finish he calls it 60% gloss black. This guy is great, 50 minutes away, timely, and very reasonable. He has an oven that can do a complete frame also. I think it is 25 feet long. He is the automotive division of a large industrial powder coating company.

That is handy. I've got a powder coater here in town that I'll be trying out on my K-frame. I'll ask him about that 60% gloss black look.

Back