Drum brake shoe size

69furyIII

Reaction score
Does anyone know where or how i can find the correct front and rear drum and shoe size for my 1969 plymouth fury III with a 2barrel engine with power drum brakes,i think the fronts are 3 inch,but im not sure on the rear.thank you for your help.

Does anyone know where or how i can find the correct front and rear drum and shoe size for my 1969 plymouth fury III with a 2barrel engine with power drum brakes,i think the fronts are 3 inch,but im not sure on the rear.thank you for your help.

If it is apart, measure the drum diameter. Them measure the width of the wear surface on the drum face (the shiny part) This should give you the correct size. There were several sizes, depending on if the car has a 7 3/4 or 8 3/4 rear end or if it was a wagon.

Its a 2 door sedan,with 2 inch shoes on it now,i just wasent sure with 3 inch wide front drums if 2 inch rears are correct.

In my experience, the standard power drum package on Plymouth '65 - '69 C Body's were 11 x 2.75 fronts and 11 x 2 rear drums. Wagons got larger (wider) drums as did cars with the trailer towing package.

Mobileparts,i measured the rears they are 11 x 2,but on the fronts i measured the drums there 11 x 3,but the shoes were 2 3\4,so i bought new 11 x 3 drums and shoes for the front.now i dont know what to do.

Just responding, because had to come into the library today....
Great talking to you, today, Al, you're situation is a little "unique" and since it was your Dad's car -- he probable wasn't "monkeying" with it !!!!!!!!!
Double check your measurements -- just to be 100.00% correct -- and we'll "do, what we have to do" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bottom line is, "Whatever it is -- it is" !!!!!!!!! Yours, Craig..........

Mobileparts,i measured the rears they are 11 x 2,but on the fronts i measured the drums there 11 x 3,but the shoes were 2 3\4,so i bought new 11 x 3 drums and shoes for the front.now i dont know what to do.

Can you return the front drums and shoes? I believe that the 3" wide drums used a different backing plate.

The front brakes work great,and there is no rubbing at all,there 11 X 3 on the front,i just did measuring on the rear backing plates and drums and my rear brakes are the 11 X 2 . So i guess the mystery is solved on brake size,we will see.

Back