Drum to disc conversion

Paul 66 300

Reaction score
I’m wanting to convert my drum brakes to disc brakes in my wife’s 66 300. Anyone know of a good conversation kit and also should I upgrade my master cylinder and booster or run a new original master cylinder and booster? Thanks

Search for past posts here on the board, also, search front end components threads.
It has been covered ad nauseam.
There are a few aftermarket kits, quite pricey.

Even if you don't do the disc upgrade, adding a '67 model dual master cylinder is a bolt-on deal (with the brake fluid lines, of course, needing a few changes). Same booster on '66 and '67, at least on my power brake cars ('66, '67, and '70).

CBODY67

I’m wanting to convert my drum brakes to disc brakes in my wife’s 66 300. Anyone know of a good conversation kit and also should I upgrade my master cylinder and booster or run a new original master cylinder and booster? Thanks

You will need to run a disc brake booster and master cylinder for a C Body along with a disc brake proportioning valve.

You will need to run a disc brake booster and master cylinder for a C Body along with a disc brake proportioning valve.

When I looked in the Leeds Brake website, the other night, they have kits with the specific booster, a GM-style proportioning valve, and everything else. Works with 14" wheels and stock spindles, they claim. Rear disc kits, too.

There are lots of kit vendors out there. Do your due diligence to check them out and see who's got the best total package . . . parts, price, durability.

CBODY67

Even if you don't do the disc upgrade, adding a '67 model dual master cylinder is a bolt-on deal (with the brake fluid lines, of course, needing a few changes). Same booster on '66 and '67, at least on my power brake cars ('66, '67, and '70).

CBODY67
Thanks
thanks

I recently did a 1966 300 conversion with a Master Power Brake Legendary Series Kit on my car. If somebody is interested on some pics and experience on this excerise, I would start a new Topic for that. Frank.

Anyone familiar with "theRamManINC". The YouTube shows all Mopar parts conversion using mid 70's b-body factory parts. I have a manual drum brake 67 Polara that I would like to convert to front power disc and retain my 14 inch wheels.

Yup!
44942757_10156648848884788_5548783814387433472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

I have a 72 stock setup, I remember seeing one that used I think a Crown Vic rotor. I can look again but thought someone may have crunched the numbers before me on kits.

Back