For Sale Dual quad poly intake and carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I thought some might be interested in this. Not mine.

1957 Plymouth Fury 318 Wide Block Dual Quad Intake

MOPAR 1957 Plymouth Fury V-800 318 wide block dual quad factory cast iron intake with newly rebuilt Edelbrock 450 CFM carbs and linkage. The intake has been cleaned and coated with a high temp finish. $950.00 for all

IMG_2734.JPG

I would call that a decent deal even if the carbs aren't original.

I thought some might be interested in this. Not mine.

1957 Plymouth Fury 318 Wide Block Dual Quad Intake

MOPAR 1957 Plymouth Fury V-800 318 wide block dual quad factory cast iron intake with newly rebuilt Edelbrock 450 CFM carbs and linkage. The intake has been cleaned and coated with a high temp finish. $950.00 for all

View attachment 124683

When I was still in high school, I had a friend named "Skipper" who had a '57 Plynouth Savoy with a poly 318, two four-barrel carbs and three on the tree. As I recall, the hood had about 50,000 louvers in it. The car was by far the fastest car around and in our illegal street races, it beat badly a number of fast cars ('58 and '59 Pontiacs, '56 Chevy and others I can't remember). The most impressive run I saw this car make was against a '50 Ford with a hopped up Chevy 283. Skipper beat him by nearly three car lengths. At the end of the race, the owner of the '50 Ford got out of his car, and was so pissed that he kicked in his front fender.

If they are the correct carbs...... Ka Ching!

Correct carbs would be Carter WCFB's.
This is a good deal, carbs, manifold & linkage, and would perform much better then the WCFB's ever could. (Which was pretty good). Those old V800 Fury's would go 150......

I have a set of those runners! You don't have to narrow anything, they came on B blocks.

I was thinking they came on 383 RB blocks and 413's. But they are not connected side to side so B vs RB really wouldn't be a big deal anyway right? There's the crossover pipe, for heat I think, but that's connected with a hose I think on one side so easily adjusted if necessary (maybe) LOL

I was thinking they came on 383 RB blocks and 413's. But they are not connected side to side so B vs RB really wouldn't be a big deal anyway right? There's the crossover pipe, for heat I think, but that's connected with a hose I think on one side so easily adjusted if necessary (maybe) LOL
Yeah, the only difference between B & RB blocks was the crossover tube (the metal part) and the elbows coming off the exhaust manifolds. Knew nothing about these before I got them and now I know just a little more. Chrysler sure made some unique products in their day. I have an addiction to multi carbed intakes, Cross Rams specifically, at 5 and hopefully growing, as money allows.

Yeah, the only difference between B & RB blocks was the crossover tube (the metal part) and the elbows coming off the exhaust manifolds. Knew nothing about these before I got them and now I know just a little more. Chrysler sure made some unique products in their day. I have an addiction to multi carbed intakes, Cross Rams specifically, at 5 and hopefully growing, as money allows.

I've always wanted a set of those hanging on my garage wall but will more than likely never have a set. Saw my first set back in about 81 but not for sale

That green Fury twin turbo 440 that has these runners didn't help, after I saw a set in the swap meet in Farmington years ago.

got a early sonic ram set up for my golden lion rb 383 . going in a hot rod p/u i'm dreaming of . lol . my 37 dodge p/u ''goldenrod'' roadster , with a golden lion engine could it be called anything else .

Correct carbs would be Carter WCFB's.
This is a good deal, carbs, manifold & linkage, and would perform much better then the WCFB's ever could. (Which was pretty good). Those old V800 Fury's would go 150......
I agree on the WCFB's Will, but would AFB's match up to a WCFB manifold? The WCFB's that I have seen have very small ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back