Dumb Question

yabadaba

Reaction score
Hi, I've just taken delivery of a nice 73 New Yorker Brougham 4dr hardtop and am not sure where the horn button/pad is?? I'm assuming it's under the steering wheel padding, but I can't feel any movement when pressing there and the horn isn't sounding. Just want to check before I pull the steering wheel apart! Strangely, the driver manual makes no mention of the horn.

Not dumb.
Two spoke, three spoke, or rimblow?
2G1JC4j.jpg

Thank you....it's the Tilt-A-Scope, so rim blow...after 'googling' rim blow I have now found the rubberized insert around the inside of the rim. Don't think I would have figured that one out for a long time, (even though it was staring me in the face), without you pointing me in the right direction! Horn works by the way and has that nice deep tone that I love.

Usually you can tell it's a rim blow by the cheap horn button that was screwed to the bottom of the dash when the rim blow stopped working.

Both two spokes are rim blows one for tilt wheel, the other non tilt. Both my rim blow wheels work great....

All three are quite beautiful! You must be the envy of the neighborhood. I bet even the Queen would love to go for a cruise in that baby!

What a great looking '73 Chrysler that is, congratulations! Good thing that London congestion charge is not basde on car size. :happy8:

Just found this thread. Ming, my JA5 1973 NYB, has the same interior as yours!

@shooter65

Last edited:
Ugh....That's beautiful. I believe that car was shipped to the UK in 2013 from the East side of Cincinnati Ohio. If it's the same car, it didn't last long on Craigslist, Less then a week from when I saw it and it was gone. I think the price was extremely low. I was very disappointed that I missed this one. I'm glad it found a good home. Congratulations!

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/chrysler/10453-chrysler-new-yorker-brougham.html

Back