image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Today, I went to the recycle yard to dump cardboard. The last few times I went there I've managed to retrieve many vintage photo albums and misc.
15 vintage family photo albums from 1920s to 1980s year. Yearbooks,road maps,model railroad magazines from 40s,50s.

That is some amazing stuff...so cool!

We have a little waste transfer station near our house for garbage disposal, since we live outside city limits and don't have curb side garbage pick up. I am constantly pulling stuff out of those dumpsters, it amazes me what people just throw away. Just a few things I have scavenged...a 5500W gas powered generator, 2 pressure washers, one electric and one honda power gasser, furniture and home decor, cat trees for my wife and daughters cats....etc.

Pretty kool!

Cool history there. It's a shame that someone recycled their family or friends. The maps and mags are pretty awesome also!!

A few months ago I asked my Mother if I could have all the old photo albums from my grandparents and my family and she told me she tossed them in the garbage after my Father passed away and was cleaning up the house to put up for sale. Never even asked me or my brother if we wanted them, just tossed them out...I'm serious pissed about the loss of all that family history.:mad:

Honda small engine anything is always <$50 and an afternoon away from being as good as new.

Just required a good service, clean the carb out and the governor lever? that controls the throttle when the pressure washer goes from idle to full power was pretty much seized up....a couple hours of work and it was working like a champ again.

I will post the best of these albums if there's interest.?

Gotta like the pic of the guy loading the dear in the trunk of the ford.

A few months ago I asked my Mother if I could have all the old photo albums from my grandparents and my family and she told me she tossed them in the garbage after my Father passed away and was cleaning up the house to put up for sale. Never even asked me or my brother if we wanted them, just tossed them out...I'm serious pissed about the loss of all that family history.:mad:
I would be pissed also. Back in 1978 we had a fire in my parents house, we lost so many pictures and momentous. I was lucky to get my hands on things my siblings had when the passed away.

I had the same issue when dad died, I expected to retrieve mom's recipe books but they'd all been tossed. At least the old photos and slides were saved.

I used to work part time for the local wreckers (that's how I got a lot of my shop cabinets and such) and we used to get loads in from the junk removal companies, someone would pass away and their family would hire these guys, in some of the loads there was everything from brand new haey parts to new golf clubs and everything in between, the number of toolboxes with inscriptions and such.

I don't get how people can do that, just dumpster it all.

After my Father passed away I did ask for all his old slides....about 3000-5000 of them, so I do have those. Plan on scanning them and seeing if there are any websites or organizations that might want them, or put them up for public viewing?

Back