dvap/desert valley auto parts

General Discussion

1. stubs300

stubs300 Senior Member

Good Luck with that!

2. azblackhemi

azblackhemi Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

We've actually done pretty well at least limiting the number of housees per acre. This area has had phenomenal growth for many years and that's not changing but every once in a while we win a battle or two. I know we'll never win the war against big money developer's but we won't stop fighting.

3. commando1

commando1 Old Man With a Hat on the Porch FCBO Gold Member

We've got Dollar Generals popping like dandelions around here.
    They're sticking them as close to residential areas as possible.
    We're loosing acres and acres and acres of groves and ranches to developement That's the real tragedy.
    Losing all this agriculture land is not a pretty sight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. stubs300

stubs300 Senior Member

Well that's cool, I know the National average is something like 3.6 homes per acre. Wouldn't surprise me now if it's not something like 6.5 per acre the way they shoehorn them in. I'm getting tired with the growth too, Reno's booming thanks to draconian CA. laws, I'm lookin to move for some acreage to establish my homestead but currently on hold. Thanks China!

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Goose

The Goose Senior Member

LoL!!! When I was growing up you could see camelback mtn from our house on rural & elliot in south tempe. They guaranteed everyone no less than one house per acre- that didn’t last very long. What we hated the most was kalifornia style block walls. With chainlink & rail fence you could mostly see to the horizon. When those hideous block walls went up it turned Phoenix into Los Angeles. Good luck with the uphill battle- I definitely am on your side but Phoenix rolled over and died for us back in 1987...

6. The Goose

The Goose Senior Member

Chinafornia Lol!!! Don’t forget some of us on the wrong side of the border are rooting for you guys. I got friends and customers over there telling me that the big C is colonizing you guys aggressively with escapees that still vote retard. Good luck bud!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dylan Galvin

Dylan Galvin Active Member

When we moved out to chandler 6 yrs ago I’d say about 65% of the area we drove through daily was nice farmland or dirt lots that gave views of the mountains. Now, nearly zero. We wanna move farther out now

8. azblackhemi

I'm lucky that I'm in the middle of a couple mile square development of 2 plus acres lots. I have a buffer around me that will not change. Being retired and not having to commute somewhat removes me from the urban sprawl happening around me. On the bright side we have all the shopping places we need close by so we don't have to go as far as we did 30 years ago when we bought this house. I still enjoy sitting in my backyard looking at the mountains and probably will until I die.

• Like Like x 5
  9. ricks_RR

ricks_RR Well-Known Member

all made in china and we keep buying it and our freedom is going bye bye

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 300rag

300rag Waiting out the storm FCBO Gold Member

Until the first one bought by a developer and subdivides that lot into 1/2 acre plots, or somebody splits their lot to sell of a portion to cash out.

11. azblackhemi

Can't subdivide unless they charge the zoning. Not likely in this neighborhood with the type of strong willed people living here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. cuda hunter

cuda hunter Active Member

I'm not trying to be a jerk and just disagree, I went to the black canyon yard on smitty drive and all the mopars 66 and newer were there. I took pictures of every single car. Fords are there in a divided section right next to the mopars, also 66 and newer. My previous post has pics of all those mopars as of March 2020.
    I had wanted to see the 65 and older cars as I had a 64 lincoln but didn't have time to drive down to the casa grande location which is where the 65 and earlier cars are.
    I tend to doubt that they have moved two entire yards from the black canyon all the way south after they had already had the cars taken to the black canyon.
    someone must have told you wrong. The 66 and up mopars are definitely in the black canyon.
    They were still crushing burnt up cars and metal from whenever the fire came through the black canyon and destroyed the previous yards.

13. commando1

You have two choices here.
    100 x 125 or 80 x 100.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stubs300

stubs300 Senior Member

At that size, you might as well live it a U-stor-it storage place or in a apartment!

15. commando1

There are days that a trailer in a park look good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 67-Fury

67-Fury Senior Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. barnfind

barnfind Senior Member

Moved to Scottsdale in 79, left in 92. Driving to Willie air patch was nothing but farmland and cows. Went to a wedding last year, and flew into Mesa, took a drive thru where the old base was, all built up everywhere I looked. Little L.A. when compared to when I moved there. :(

18. 65 cuda

65 cuda New Member

there are so many warehouses being built and most of them are empty especially on the west side/tolleson area. damn tax write offs, they should be used for homeless people if empty