E-bay...65-68 C-body 4 speed pedals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine....These are up on E-bay right now. Very complete set.

$T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2srDPBQ5jmWO,5w~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1967-1...356&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=251208936449&

Can one assume that because it has the pedal dress up trim that it is for a power brake setup?
I have no use for that thing but I want it. LOL.
Good score Brian.

Nope it's for a manual brake car. For some reason C-bodies had two 4 speed pedal assemblies...one for Manual, and one for power brakes.

Can one assume that because it has the pedal dress up trim that it is for a power brake setup?
I have no use for that thing but I want it. LOL.
Good score Brian.

I think the pedal dress up was used on all the slab C-bodies from the Fury III on up.

Nope it's for a manual brake car. For some reason C-bodies had two 4 speed pedal assemblies...one for Manual, and one for power brakes.

I have a set that needs both foot pads, I'm guessing by the condition of the set that you pictured, finding a decent pair is not going to happen.

How do you determine the difference from the manual set vs the power?

I read it's because the throw for the brake is different. Therefor the mounting location for the push rod is in a different position. I have no idea how accurate the story is and make no claims it is.

How did the 4-speeds look installed in the early C-bodies? Straight from the floor with no center console or was there a unique console for the 4-speed? I would love to have a 4-speed but I really like my center console, plus I have power brakes so this set up wouldn’t work anyway.

How did the 4-speeds look installed in the early C-bodies? Straight from the floor with no center console or was there a unique console for the 4-speed? I would love to have a 4-speed but I really like my center console, plus I have power brakes so this set up wouldn’t work anyway.

This is the best I have access to right now of the non-console. There was a console available as well I believe.

cd068bf6.jpg

P7170391_zpsfd08016b.jpg

This is the best I have access to right now

cd068bf6.jpg

P7170391_zpsfd08016b.jpg

Nice set up. That look like one fun car to drive. I guess I know what I would like for my next C-body. How rare is a 4-speed in an early C-body? Yours is the only one I have ever seen and do the guys that own them ever sell them?

Last edited:
I would love to have a 4-speed but I really like my center console, plus I have power brakes so this set up wouldn’t work anyway.

Just put in the clutch pedal and the shift knob. :)

That is nice. Must be cool cruising with the top down and shifting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back