E.f.i.

68bbwagon

Reaction score
Has anybody thought of running an electronic fuel injection set up on their mopar or anybody actually running one? I've been looking into getting one and not really sure which to go with...

I just bought the FAST setup but I haven't installed it yet. I need to have a bung welded into the exhaust first. I'll get to it pretty soon though.

Id like to know how it turns out, I work at a hot rod shop and everyone now a days is switching over to efi. How much did you pay for yours?

I think it was like 2200 after tax from Jegs. That's for the complete kit.

I just bought the FAST setup but I haven't installed it yet. I need to have a bung welded into the exhaust first. I'll get to it pretty soon though.

I'll be very interested in hearing all about the FAST setup when you install it.
Why the FAST, btw, over the other 1/2 dozen units out there?

< Sent from my tablet >

FAST only does fuel injection & their kit seemed to be the most complete. And, it was in stock at Jegs....

I buy as much as I can from Jegs cuz I don't think we'd have a track in Cbus if it weren't for Jegs. And, not to mention that they'll have any part from their warehouse to their retail store by 7:00 AM or you can drive up to the warehouse 20 miles north & grab it there if you really need it. They are also very different from the stores that you detest. Their employees are car guys & actually know what they're talking about.

$2200 sounds really good. One setup I was looking at (until I saw the $$) several years ago was close to 7k. It looked like a Hilborn injection setup and was tunable with a laptop.

$2200 sounds really good. One setup I was looking at (until I saw the $$) several years ago was close to 7k. It looked like a Hilborn injection setup and was tunable with a laptop.
2200 is still a chunk but my car has the ever so slightest vibration at idle & it's also rich at idle. I thought that the Edelbrock might solve it but it didn't so I sold it here & bought the EFI. I'm sure you know but they're self tuning now & there's a handheld controller so,you don't need a laptop.

Only 2 Jegs & I'm 15 minutes from both of em. One is close to the fairground & one is close to the track. Not so dumb maybe. Seems like I've seen a few summit stores as I've traveled in the south.

I buy as much as I can from Jegs cuz I don't think we'd have a track in Cbus if it weren't for Jegs. And, not to mention that they'll have any part from their warehouse to their retail store by 7:00 AM or you can drive up to the warehouse 20 miles north & grab it there if you really need it. They are also very different from the stores that you detest. Their employees are car guys & actually know what they're talking about.

Excellent!! Supporting a local store and business because of their support and proximity. It wouldnt hurt to let them know that but I am sure you already have.

Excellent!! Supporting a local store and business because of their support and proximity. It wouldnt hurt to let them know that but I am sure you already have.
Oh, trust me, I've shown my appreciation plenty ;) I even buy tires from Jegs if they have the ones I want.

As far as I can tell, Jegs is a thriving business.

Every restaurant in Columbus is busy every night & packed full on the weekends. Things ain't all that bad.

It's a further dividing of the classes.
More of the have-nots gnawing at fewer scraps and have-gots adding lobster to their prime rib dinner.
Meanwhile the do nothings are having everything given to them.
Just how effed up are we, anyway??

Just got yet another letter from my insurance yesterday. My medical is going up another $25/mo. It's now $625/mo just for me. When I retired, it was $375. That up 67% in seven years. My pension hasn't gone up a penny and never will.

Last edited:
people say Lawyers run the country, I believe its Insurance companies and drug companies.

Back