E.f.i.

Yea, well I get in the ins. co's pockets pretty good. I'm kinda like Robin Hood. ;)

I know this will likely derail, but..... Stan is right about the separation but part of the problem is that low skill jobs have been replaced by machines & high skill/highly motivated employees thrive no matter what.

Yea, well I get in the ins. co's pockets pretty good. I'm kinda like Robin Hood. ;)

thats part of the problem, you are driving up costs, yet, you think you are getting over on them.

I know this will likely derail, but..... Stan is right about the separation but part of the problem is that low skill jobs have been replaced by machines & high skill/highly motivated employees thrive no matter what.

NO!! many talented employees are held down because they make their supervisors look good. OR because the company needs them in that position because no one else can do it or as good as they can. Or because a copany is a corporation and its all about the profit sharing and bonus for the big suits while the excellent worker is again, being held down.

..................................................................................................................................

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by StormerYea, well I get in the ins. co's pockets pretty good. I'm kinda like Robin Hood. ;)

thats part of the problem, you are driving up costs, yet, you think you are getting over on them.

NO!! many talented employees are held down because they make their supervisors look good. OR because the company needs them in that position because no one else can do it or as good as they can. Or because a copany is a corporation and its all about the profit sharing and bonus for the big suits while the excellent worker is again, being held down.

Down with the man!

Last edited:
2200 is still a chunk but my car has the ever so slightest vibration at idle & it's also rich at idle. I thought that the Edelbrock might solve it but it didn't so I sold it here & bought the EFI. I'm sure you know but they're self tuning now & there's a handheld controller so,you don't need a laptop.
No, I have not looked into them for years.

It's a further dividing of the classes.
More of the have-nots gnawing at fewer scraps and have-gots adding lobster to their prime rib dinner.
Meanwhile the do nothings are having everything given to them.
Just how effed up are we, anyway??

Just got yet another letter from my insurance yesterday. My medical is going up another $25/mo. It's now $625/mo just for me. When I retired, it was $375. That up 67% in seven years. My pension hasn't gone up a penny and never will.

Stan, it just doesn't seem right anymore. I had to make copies of my marriage certificate, utility bills, and birth certificates today to send to my insurance company. They are trying to weed out the unqualified dependents. I already pay over $1200 a month for health insurance.

EFI is awesome but if I'm going to spend $2g+ on a fuel system it better be SMPI... If you have a carburetor matched and tuned properly to your engine you won't get anything out of going to EFI besides maybe 1-2 MPG. The real advantage is that it can tune itself on the fly depending on ambient temps, pressure, humidity, etc. and at least for me living in Colorado the elevation varies a lot depending on where you are and that feature would be really nice. The guys who tout EFI as being the best thing since sliced bread probably think that because they were previously running an OOTB carb and have no idea how to tune, thus blamed any running problems on the carb instead of their own brain lol

Last edited:
Self tuning is 90% of it for me. I don't have the knowledge & I'm not gonna learn how to dial in a carb on a driver. Just wanna get in it & go.

For giggles, I looked at FI systems in the new Summit catalog I got yesterday.
Seven systems from five manufacturers.
All claiming to be the best and easiest.
Right.............
I think my TQ is working just fine.

I would like to try an aftermarket EFI system on another project with a 440 down the road.

Back