Easy on Me - Here we go again, with a Twist

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It is pretty hard to miss that Adele has another hit recording coming out next month since it is all over the news now:

What I found interesting though was a vehicle in the official music video that I rarely ever see anymore, anywhere. At about 2:34 in the video, a 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible shows up with some newlyweds in it and it passes her old BMW sedan. I always thought they looked cool and recall that my high school shop teacher back then owned a new one of them that made me take notice. I thought it was one of GM's most striking vehicles that they ever had the audacity to actually market given how normally conservative their vehicles usually looked. I found the interplay between the grille and the front fender/bumper was very unusual but interesting along with the wide side trim.

I like how the guy driving the car in the video stomps on it and takes off while passing her and you can see the rear end squat in doing so. Kinda cool to me.

Here is one that looks just like the one my shop teacher owned (when they actually had such classes back then):

318515.jpg

When is the last time you saw one???

Last edited:
Cool Olds Steve! Always loved some of the Oldsmobile's and Pontiacs. Took my driving test in my dad's 64 Oldsmobile F85 station wagon.

My grade 8 teacher had the mate to the one in the video. The red convert was mesmerizing with all the chrome and red on red color scheme. At 14 years old, my teacher's red hair and curves seemed to fit well with the car! An image I will never forget! Lindsay

One of my old bosses had a '62 Olds. I think it was a Super 88... Plain Jane car that he had gotten from a relative with super low mileage. He just drove it as an old car, back and forth to work.

Geez... I haven't thought about him for a while. He was one of those old shop guys that made it up through the ranks. Smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes just like the rest of those old guys did... Ran the toolroom where I worked for a long time.

Back