Easy question

Broke off a brake bleeder flush with the mount. Try to EZ-out it out, or just replace the wheel cylinder? opinions? And thanks.
Most of the time if the bleeder screw was rusted enough to twist off, it is not likely to come out with an easy out. You can try some PB Blaster, but you will probably need to replace the wheeler cylinder.

Dave

Look in www.rockauto.com for a price reference. Might be time and money ahead to just replace the wheel cylinder and be done with it. Your judgment call. Check with your local auto supply people to see if they can get it at a price that's close to RA, for good measure.

CBODY67

Be sure to hit the line to the wheel cylinder with PB Blaster or a good penetrating oil so that does not twist off as well.

Dave

If you are replacing one side it’s good practice to replace the other side to help insure they react equally. Not absolutely required but just a good idea.

Most of the new brake cylinders you'll buy over the counter are off shore manufactured and questionable quality. I've been there and done that.

I like finding NORS good quality brake cylinders and replacing the rubber seals if needed. eBay is a good source or @mobileparts can probably get you NOS or NORS parts too.

Most of the new brake cylinders you'll buy over the counter are off shore manufactured and questionable quality. I've been there and done that.

I like finding NORS good quality brake cylinders and replacing the rubber seals if needed. eBay is a good source or @mobileparts can probably get you NOS or NORS parts too.
good tip! Yeah, I use eBay a lot for NOS Parts. I work on 60's-70's Internationals, too. Cant quite bear to put a made in China part on these machines.

Back