Easy Rodders - SE Michigan

odcics2

Reaction score
CANCELLED 43rd Annual Easy Rodders of Michigan Car Show/Swap Meet/Craft Show- Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Hope to see you next year.

Some talking about the Dream Cruise now....
Apparently, the cites have cancelled events.
Cruise organizers have made no decision yet.

Some talking about the Dream Cruise now....
Apparently, the cites have cancelled events.
Cruise organizers have made no decision yet.

Pretty much go to Woodward any nice weekend this summer. It's far from cancelled. You just won't see all the useless D-list local celebs blabbing on about how wonderful Ferndale is while being carted around in a '57 Chevy.

Pretty much go to Woodward any nice weekend this summer. It's far from cancelled. You just won't see all the useless D-list local celebs blabbing on about how wonderful Ferndale is while being carted around in a '57 Chevy.
If I could agree, thank and like that post I would have!:thumbsup:

Specifically, the cities have cancelled the preferred parking lots for the weekend of the WWDC and other events tailored to that weekend only.

This has nothing to do with anyone driving down WW at anytime, especially a nice summer day.

Haven't heard if GM, Ford or FCA have rethought their respective displays.
Financially, they lost a bunch of money when the plants were closed.

Folks not in the business don't realize that the only way they make money is when a sold vehicle rolls off the line. Cars selling at a dealership do not feed them!!

If I could agree, thank and like that post I would have!:thumbsup:
There, I did it for ya Matt.
As Carmine said any weekend all summer is good. The later at night the better. After the small businesses and clinics are closed so we don’t disrupt their business parking along Woodward.
This year I’ll have some tunes, finally, in the Monaco!

Found this on the net:

Mopars at the Red Barns 2020 UPDATE:

WMMC - the Western Michigan Mopar Club·Saturday, May 30, 2020·
The Western Michigan Mopar Clubs 33rd annual Mopar event is still canceled for 2020.
In replacement the Gilmore Car Museum (GCM) will present: Mopar LITE on Saturday, July 25, 2020 at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI.
$20 registration fee at the gate per car admits the driver and one guest for the day and eligibility for the activities and awards.
GCM will do the promotion, registration and management of this show with Gilmore employees and volunteers. Registration to be done on sight day of show.

Found this on the net:

Mopars at the Red Barns 2020 UPDATE:

WMMC - the Western Michigan Mopar Club·Saturday, May 30, 2020·
The Western Michigan Mopar Clubs 33rd annual Mopar event is still canceled for 2020.
In replacement the Gilmore Car Museum (GCM) will present: Mopar LITE on Saturday, July 25, 2020 at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI.
$20 registration fee at the gate per car admits the driver and one guest for the day and eligibility for the activities and awards.
GCM will do the promotion, registration and management of this show with Gilmore employees and volunteers. Registration to be done on sight day of show.
That’s the day before the rescheduled NOMM show and swap at the Packard Proving Grounds which is still on.:)

This was announced yesterday. All of the cities along the route have all cancelled city sponsored activities.

(WWJ)
The organizers of the Woodward Dream Cruise say they will decide by June 29 whether or not the 2020 Cruise can go ahead with the ongoing threat of COVID-19.

The Board of the Woodward Dream Cruise noted today that local communities along the Woodward Avenue route have already canceled all auxiliary public events planned for the Cruise, which was scheduled for August 15. Birmingham’s leaders voted unanimously for a resolution asking to cancel the Woodward Dream Cruise, and Huntington Woods and Ferndale then followed suit.

Woodward Dream Cruise, Inc. President Michael Lary says there is a lot to consider when it comes to public health and safety.

"We will be factoring the input from the cities, the police chiefs and Oakland County executives when it comes to either how spectators may responsibly watch the flow of classic vehicles or to the difficult decision to cancel the event,” said Lary, in a statement.
Cities voted to cancel the Cruise, but they can only stop the action on the sidewalk.
The 2020 edition of the biggest annual one-day car show/cruise in the world was in doubt a few weeks ago when organizers sent letters to nine municipalities bordering famed Woodward Avenue to figure out where they were on the subject. Birmingham’s leaders voted no, 7-0; Huntington Woods voted no, 5-0; Ferndale’s vote is expected next week. Berkley is not planning to pass the resolution, according to the Detroit Free Press, but the city did say it won’t hold any in-person activities.

That means no Mustang Alley, no cruise-in concerts, no official car shows and no Roadkill Nights in Pontiac.

Thanks to you both. Matt's a long time friend, and knows from where I call home now that neither of those one day shows is within my stricking distance any more, And I'll miss seeing Matt and meeting you too also, Jer

Back