ebay distributor

Only one reason there is no ready to run dist. for 383 in nearly this price don't understand why.
In Europe mostly need to order every parts if something going wrong,so keep spare parts is not option for us.
I need stock look that's why want ready to run dist.

No personal experience, but it seems we have a lot of threads about the cheap distributors failing. I'd stay away from this one as it looks like a disaster waiting to happen. It definitely doesn't look stock.

I would contact @halifaxhops and have him send you a good rebuilt distributor. A points distributor could be converted with a Pertronix ignition if you want a stock look.

Get the MoPar Performance complete unit thru Summit or Jegs via E bay or directly from the vendors listed. They run about $150 00 but they are compete with the distributor, ECM, wiring harness and ballast resistor. Much better product and replacement parts are readily available. They also have a good tech line/ customer support if you have problems.

Get the MoPar Performance complete unit thru Summit or Jegs via E bay or directly from the vendors listed. They run about $150 00 but they are compete with the distributor, ECM, wiring harness and ballast resistor. Much better product and replacement parts are readily available. They also have a good tech line/ customer support if you have problems.
I don't think Jegs and Summit are selling MP ignitions any more. I'm not even sure if Mopar Performance is or not.

Jegs, Summit and Mancini's have all been offering their Chinese generic versions and I think that's all they have.

That 63 dollar hei distributor is just looking for trouble in my opinion. You want cheap and reliable but a little maintenance go with points. Carry a few points sets with condensers and a few Ballast resistors and you will never be stranded like with that 64 dollar thingy.

I want ot go efi one day so points not in play.
Looks like pertronix will be the solution.
Thanks!

Thanks!

There are a lot of threads on this site about failure issues with this type of ignition (pertronix). The first type was prone to sudden failure if the connections were not clean and tight or if the key was left on for a few minutes with the engine not running. These units also failed instantly if the charging system was not also updated to an electronic voltage regulator and the '70 and later alternator. The second generation pertronix units are better but still not as good as the OEM conversion made by Chrysler. Problem is that many of the so called OEM units for sale on e-bay are Chinese knockoffs that are very poor quality so you have to be careful as to what you buy.

Dave

Thanks!

Do it and dont look back. I haven't had any trouble with mine just be sure to bypass the ballast if you use an aftermarket coil.

Run from the e bay one. Plenty of quality ones are listed in this thread

This is the best way to go hands down, read the description of the product and see it is made to OEM spec WITH improvements. I have bought more than one of these and they are great. Plus you get the stock OEM look with upgraded performance over the original factory unit. Buy quality once and don't look back.
For MOPAR 383 400 HiRev Electronic Ignition Kit Resto Plymouth Dodge Chrysler HP | eBay

This item is sold by Richard Ehrenberg, who is pretty much THE expert on everything Mopar (other than Dave Lux, that is!). He does not mess around with junk, period. If I was looking to buy a new dizzy, this is exactly what I would buy.

I have cheapo ebay one on my 300 and ram charger. The bundled chinese coil gave up after one summer on RC and I replaced the original "HEI" ignition module with name brand 4 terminal gm HEI module before finding out that the problem was with the coil. With new coil, it works like a charm.

Mechanically the distributor is superior to the MP distributor, although it is bit crappy to take apart if you want to modify advance curve. The main mechanical issue atleast in my MP distributor is the unbelievable braint fart of a design of variable magnetic pickup air gap based on vacuum advance. The sliding plate associated with the vacuum advance is just bad.

In my opinion the cheapo Ebay distributors itself have been good bang for the buck. Maybe I am just lucky?

I made the mistake of purchasing a Proform Ignition conversation kit. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got a HiRev7500 Ignition Conversation kit.
Mopar Ignition ECU info. In the golden days, Mother Mopar made, packaged and sold a quality ECU, not anymore. Plenty of 'off shore' kits have surfaced and I've purchased them. While it DID work for a few years, making if from Portland, Oregon to Charlotte and then to Texas, it started acting up this year. I traced it down to a faulty Orange Box. I got a standard ECU replacement from the parts store, but the Proform wiring would NOT fit the new ECU. After a bit of research, I decided to purchase a HiRev7500 Ignition kit (made in America) distributor/ECU/wiring and ballast resistor. It was CHEAPER than the Proform kit. This pictures show the quality of the HiRev kit. I hope this helps anyone thinking about upgrading their Lean Burn or Points ignition.

The HiRev part looks and feels like the OLD Mopar Performance kit. I can honestly say that the timing light verified how steady the timing was with the new unit. I also changed the coil and the car starts up much easier now as well.

20190525_110028-02.jpeg

20190525_132549-01.jpeg

20190525_132906-01.jpeg

20190525_142425-01.jpeg

20190525_143121-01.jpeg

20190525_142455-01.jpeg

Back