ebay has finally lost it!

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ebay's newest policy to put the screws to sellers. Unless you are a mega seller you now have to ship sold items before being paid! It goes like this, they collect all the money, you send the item, they wait for delivery conformation to release the funds. :confused:
I'm wondering how much interest they are accumulating on that money while it sits there!

I just went around and around with them on a chat. Then canceled two sales and 11 auctions.

Ebay is ridiculous. Facebook won't give you anywhere near the amount of eyes on the products though. And instead of a company just getting into your money like ebay, fakebook will get into every aspect of your life. Resist if you can. Buy a track phone and set up an email and start a fakebook that is not your own name and information.

poshmark, amazon, mercari, etsy all have similar policies. Most sites that you can sell your stuff have similar policies. Although don't quote me as policies change pretty often. My wife sales all over the place. She recently changed her ebay settings to pay ebay and has now cut out paypal due to this. Paypal's rates are now way too high, 10% or more and in the past few year they have been pushing liberal policies. Taking our money for your services is one thing, but pushing a woke agenda on our finance's push's past our boundaries.

That's such horse ****. Over the past 20 years I've kept a perfect rating for my buyer and seller ratings by always paying immediately and shipping as soon as payment has cleared. There are too many scammers out there looking for any way to screw sellers and now we will voluntarily get screwed by Ebay. Looks like I'm out guys.

Yep, the last item I sold on eBay they took over 12% and not just off the high bid price but shipping too!:bs_flag:
I’ll keep buying stuff I need but never again will I sell.

Yep, the last item I sold on eBay they took over 12% and not just off the high bid price but shipping too!
I’ll keep buying stuff I need but never again will I sell.

I've been a member since Apr of 99. Over 2000 positive feedback rating at 100%. They would not consider any of that. But I don't know of any other auction/sales forum's with the selling capacity of ebay.
I understand that once you provide a tracking number your funds are released. After 25 sales the hold is removed. (Sounds like some millennials got involved with policy making at ebay).
I've got a lot of stuff to sell and need exposure to do it. I reposted a popular item, will see how that goes.
I avoid the ebay shipping calculator by adding the cost of shipping in the price of the item and then offer "free shipping".

What pisses me off lately with EPay is their fees are based on the sales tax too.So a seller pays final value on item,shipping ,sales tax collected. Plus a fee for International buyers.and .30 per transaction. Bastards !

Ebay lost it years ago, at least with me selling there. I wish them all the best in their future endeavors as I'll have no part of it.

eekBay/PayPak has always held funds till I thought positive feedback was left(?) or the time-frame of palpal depute had past (30days?) that's why in the old days/rules/tip was to have a separate bank account for eekBay/PayPal as they would freeze your whole account if there was dispute. I don't know if that's still the same as I bet they got a lot of flack over that.

I just bought some sharpies off fleabay as the local Office Depot don't seem to carry the 'Industrial' type any more that I use to get there and they didn't have the Laundry type in the store but they had it on their web page. They had some other 'Extreme' grade up from a standard Sharpie but it was like over $8 for a 4 pack.
I don't want or need that many as with using air conditioning all the time the A/C just drys them up over time. I learned that lesson long ago with a 12 pack. Instead of driving around to the several Office Depots, Staples, and Art Supply store wasting time and gas I just got a 3 pack for $7 + tax (free ship) off ebay, heck I spent almost 1/2 hour wandering around Office Depot as they keep re-arranging the store and they had paper/poster/art supplies on one side with all the furniture & tech stuff in the middle and then I had to go all the way over to the other side and then search through dazzle markers, artsy markers etc sheech. lol

And they wonder why brick & mortar stores sales are down... :icon_fU: :mad: :realcrazy:

:soapbox:

I'm no expert on FB seller rules but it seems their marketplace business is growing. It would be nice playing one of the woke monopolies off against the other.

How Facebook is doubling down on Marketplace | Modern Retail
What'da you getting no bites on your trolling over in the Coronavirus thread so you have to come over here to spew your childness playground name calling or er 'Terminism'?

I just don't get why people use that word, it's a black term back from the early 20th century that has become a insult today. Why would you use it? Some days I turn on the talk radio and every other sentence has 'Woke', to me it just shows blind :icon_fU: ignorance.

:drama:

Back